Supply Chain Associate/Senior Associate
Supply Chain Associate / Senior AssociateAllakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
Position Summary:The Supply Chain Associate / Senior Associate plays a vital role supporting Allakos Technical Operations. This role is responsible for ensuring the successful and timely shipping and storage of ambient, refrigerated, and frozen materials, including bulk drug substance and bulk drug product. Shipping modes to be managed including truck and air cargo with both domestic and international shipments.
- Provide support during shipping, receiving, import / export and inventory management of pharmaceutical products using third party service providers.
- Provide support to commercial supply chain and manufacturing teams to ensure distribution timelines and milestones are met.
- Provide support to ensure shipping related documents are completed in a timely manner to facilitate shipments.
- Will observe and adhere to detailed work instructions, shipping processes, and FDA, USDA, and Customs guidelines.
- Communicates cross-functionally to ensure material/pick orders are placed with the proper lead time to ensure no interruption to production activities.
- Provide support to departmental and business goals by maintaining trackers, dashboards, providing timely shipping updates, and processing shipment requests.
- Manage temperature excursions of controlled shipments that occur during storage or in transit.
- Ensure carriers and other logistics service providers understand and adhere to Allakos requirements.
- Monitor performance of carriers and other logistics service providers and lead efforts to address issues.
Additional Responsibilities may include:
- Support processing of purchase orders and processing of invoices for carriers and other logistics service providers.
- Assist in Invoice review to ensure they are in line with agreed upon billing rates.
- Ensure timely and accurate inventory transactions.
- Assist in Inventory Expansion projects as needed.
Qualifications and Expertise:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of and working experience with supply chain, ERP, inventory control and MRP systems is preferred.
- Pharmaceutical GMP knowledge preferred.
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong skills in MS Excel, MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint.
- Excellent judgement and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Positive, Can-Do attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred + 2 years’ experience.
- H.S. Degree or equivalent + 4 years’ experience.