Cybin has an exciting opportunity for a Synthetic Chemist to join the growing team!
A leading biotechnology company, Cybin is focused on and dedicated to progressing psychedelic therapeutics by utilizing proprietary drug discovery platforms, innovative drug delivery systems, novel formulation approaches and treatment regimens for psychiatric disorders. To learn more about Cybin, visit https://www.cybin.com.ABOUT THE POSITION
Working in the R&D department, reporting directly to the Director of Process Chemistry, the Synthetic Medicinal Chemist will have a deep knowledge of and ability to leverage modern synthetic chemistry strategies combined with creativity to invent novel medicinal compounds. Experience working at the interface of R and D and process chemistry is a plus. This position can work out of our Boston office.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverage modern synthetic chemistry to design, develop, and execute total synthesis of novel compounds and develop scalable syntheses of key intermediates that enable SAR generation to advance lead optimization goals.
- Expert proficiency with handling, synthesis, route development, isolation, purification, and characterization of organic molecules
- Research current literature to formulate synthetic chemistry strategies. Evaluate and implement new reactions, techniques, and technologies to advance projects.
- Accurately document experiments and results in laboratory notebooks in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a safe and productive laboratory environment.
- Prepare and present experimental results, analysis, and plans in research meetings
- Any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned from time to time.
- PhD in organic chemistry or related field with 4+ years of industry experience.
- Expert knowledge of and experience with current synthetic methods.
- Track record of conducting drug discovery research.
- Knowledge of and commitment to good laboratory and safety practices.
- Excellent written, organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate strategy and progress effectively with colleagues, managers, and senior leadership.
- Spirit of collaborative research and sense of urgency to enable success in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Cybin Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or parental status, veteran status, neurodiversity status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable law. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact us at HR@Cybin.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.