Postdoc - Postdoctoral Fellow - In Vitro Immunogenicity Assessment of Biologics - Development
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Postdoctoral Program is designed for true investigational and experimental research. Participants will be mentored by renowned industry scientists and collaborators at AbbVie and focused on delivering cutting-edge advancements in Discovery, Development Sciences and BioPharma. The enriching training program offers a balance of structured learning and work experience which fosters a learning environment to advance individual development with accessibility to high-level knowledge building across the drug development continuum. Technical expert that will investigate, identify, develop and optimize new methods/ techniques to address critical project needs. Continuously seek to improve existing laboratory methods and processes. Read and adapt literature to accomplish assignments. Demonstrate mastery of broad range of experimental techniques and methods of data analysis.
To be successful, we need outstanding individuals willing to challenge themselves to find the best solutions for our patients. The AbbVie Postdoc program is one way we are doing just that.
Through our Postdoc program, we are hiring postdocs from key academic institutions for preferred areas of science in the U.S., while providing a unique opportunity for participants to build a solid career foundation in the pharmaceutical industry while building the AbbVie brand as an employer of choice for scientific talent. The program offers a balance of structured learning and work experience, with accessibility to high-level knowledge building across the drug development continuum. This assignment is expected to be two years and no more than three years.
The Preclinical Safety group works globally with AbbVie’s discovery and translational research teams to guide in the generation of the hypotheses, mechanism-of-action, safety and efficacy data on projects that fuel the AbbVie pipeline. We also work with our clinical and regulatory teams to generate the toxicology, in vitro safety and biodistribution data that is critical to translating each of AbbVie’s innovative therapies safely from research into patients.
We are seeking a postdoc to join the Preclinical Safety team at the Immunology R&D site in the Worcester, MA location. The goal of this program is to establish and validate a comprehensive in vitro immunogenicity platform for the early prediction of a drug candidates’ potential to induce ADA in the clinic.
- Collaborate with business partners will conduct a thorough review of publications around in silico and in vitro immunogenicity assays and identify the most promising ones for internal evaluation.
- Generate a list of test compounds from internal experience and from publications to be used for the validation of these assays.
- Work with the Immunogenicity Task Force to propose a screening funnel for immunogenicity risk, based on in silico and in vitro tools.
- Deep understanding of cellular immunology with an emphasis on dendritic and T cell biology.
- Hands on experience with flow cytometry, intracellular staining and functional immunocyte assays is a plus.
- Familiarity in working with a variety of cell types from peripheral blood as well as from secondary lymphoid tissues in either in vitro or ex vivo contexts.
- PhD in Cellular Immunology.
- Graduate of accredited and nationally ranked university.
- Enthusiasm and passion for conducting creative scientific research.
- Extensive laboratory research experience and desire to continue in a laboratory focused role.
- Record of publication in a prestigious journal(s).
- Excellent problem-solving skills including critical and analytical thinking.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated scientific writing skills and strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and execute experiments, interpret data, and identify appropriate follow-up strategies.
- Proven track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation, initiative, and integrity.
- Global mindset to thrive in a diverse culture and environment.
- Ability to multitask and work within timelines.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Provide three letters of recommendation (Thesis Advisor).
- Provide letter of intent to pursue Postdoc
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the immediate team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation to drive the science in the field of interest
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.