National Pharmacy Executive, US Market Access
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Title: National Pharmacy Executive
The National Pharmacy Executive is responsible for the management of and contracting with key pharmacy accounts and organizations for AbbVie’s product portfolio. The National Pharmacy Executive conveys AbbVie’s product value proposition, patient access, and market trends impacting the diseases for which these products treat. He or she contracts to optimize AbbVie product availability and utilization throughout the channel, including pull-through sales execution, relationship building and maximization of resource utilization. The National Pharmacy Executive seeks business opportunities within client accounts for AbbVie products. Additionally, the National Pharmacy Executive models the U.S. Market Access’ Ambitious Cultural Vision, key leadership competencies and the broader AbbVie Ways We Work.
- Assess business impact of contracting opportunities to include overall profitability and impact on sales and margin.
- Understand and effectively utilize a broad range of financial and quantitative data and analyses.
- Lead all negotiations with client accounts.
- Ensure contract implementation and compliance.
- Contribute to the development of contracting templates and guidelines for customers.
- Keep current with competitive strategies and understand how information will impact contracting strategies and terms.
- Provide input regarding client reimbursement and related stakeholder financials.
Product Value Proposition-
- Utilize product value propositions and other resources to optimize patient access for AbbVie products.
- Identify and effectively utilize appropriate inter-franchise support.
- Conduct thorough competitive analyses.
- Develop and lead the execution of a variety of customized sales strategies.
- Advise Sales and Marketing executive management on contract terms to ensure appropriate direction on challenges and opportunities.
- Manage and coordinate customer and sales force expectations.
Relationship Building and Business Development-
- Cultivate contacts and relationships with key stakeholders representing a broad range of functions and management levels, both internal and external.
- Support activities of strategic alliance partners within targeted accounts as applicable.
- Provide guidance and assistance relative to company-wide and franchise-specific opportunities within targeted accounts.
- Assess and cultivate business relationships with key clients independent of contract status. Activities specifically designed to enhance patient and provider information flow, strengthen product positioning, and increase marketing and field sales efficiencies.
- National Pharmacy Executive will be responsible to provide timely and accurate dissemination of information (verbal and written) of account-specific issues that impact AbbVie business.
- Local/Regional Field Sales and Account Management:
- Provide strategic and tactical direction regarding assigned accounts.
- Conduct regular intra- and inter-franchise interaction to provide insight regarding market factors that influence AbbVie business opportunities and develop strategies to optimize business opportunities.
- Communicate to appropriate AbbVie executive management novel and creative approaches to maximizing business opportunities.
- Franchise Teams:
- Give clear direction and identify priorities regarding Account impact on Franchise decisions.
- Assist in the development of product launch plans including packaging, pricing policies and product distribution.
- Evaluate emerging markets and identify potential AbbVie business opportunities.
- Coordinate cross collaborations by offering strategic and tactical direction on contracting, program implementation, product positioning, and key organizational contacts across all franchises.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Superior business acumen and planning skills with minimum 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales
- Sales management, Account Management, Supply Chain experience (retail, pharmacy, wholesale, OTC) preferred
- Travel requirement: 50%
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Leads with a positive and energetic style, builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Coaches and provides regular feedback to direct reports and cross-functional teammates leading to higher levels of engagement, performance, and patient impact
- Builds and reinforces the US Market Access culture, specifically building strong working relationships within Market Access and across AbbVie organization
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions, and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation, and manages innovation to reality
- Strong leadership presence with proven ability to influence various personalities without authority at all levels throughout the organization
- Ability to work across a matrix and handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable quick establishment of trust and confidence
- Skilled at managing conflict constructively, delivering feedback, acting courageously, and continuously raising the bar for performance
Details on US Market Access’ Ambitious Cultural Vision and AbbVie Ways We Work available on internal Market Access Portal
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.