Exec Dir, Corporate Healthcare
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Executive Director, Corporate Healthcare, PRM leads one of the Allergan field based Corporate Account Teams that is responsible for the strategic account management and contracting efforts for the top PRM accounts as designated by the AVP, Corporate Healthcare. Primary responsibilities include leading the coordination and alignment of approved business plans to meet corporate objectives in targeted Corporate Accounts. The Executive Director, Corporate Healthcare must work with the team of Corporate Account Managers, Assoc. Director and Directors of Corporate Accounts to develop national and region-based account business plans, coordination with HSR and ASR internal and external sales management, training and marketing, and implement account development plans. Responsible for creating specialized training material for Corporate Accounts team and execute initiatives with the involvement of all Area Directors, Regional Managers and sales reps.
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all Allergan internal requirements and with all applicable regulatory requirements. Allergan internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.Supervisory responsibility: (if applicable)
6 Assoc. Director/Director & Corporate Account Managers (6) – direct reportsKEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Describe scope: % of Time or Importance
Responsible for the achievement of the PRM portfolio forecast dollar and unit sales objectives, and division success factors as established by management through alignment with U.S. Sales & Marketing Plans. This is accomplished through use of effective planning, execution, and implementation of strategic contracting efforts for targeted accounts. Consistently attains or exceeds assigned sales, profitability, and market share while managing within expense guidelines. Provides appropriate strategic direction to direct reports, evaluates progress and monitors the success of the marketing plan to ensure proper execution.
Directs the daily operations of the Corporate Accounts team including the execution of account business plans, the development and deployment of targeted resources and expansion of relationships between Allergan and emerging customers. Improves national and region sales performance or processes by identifying business needs and implementing plans to build or correct. Also participates in selected activities that help contribute to the improvement of Sales Operations, Marketing, Training or Communications results or processes.
Provides direct supervision, coaching and guidance to Corporate Accounts team. Indirectly mentors Area Directors & Region Managers in corporate account setting. Demonstrates leadership responsibilities in accordance with Allergan’s policies and state and federal laws. Leads collaboration among Allergan Medical Sales Teams. Exhibits leadership style consistent with operating in a constantly changing environment.
job QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS):
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- Minimum five years of corporate healthcare or related experience
- Minimum five years of successful medical device sales, sales management or equivalent people leadership experience
- Experience with hospital/IDN based contracting required
- Knowledge and experience of legal and regulatory requirement related to the med-device industries
- Clinical and technical knowledge related to biologics, breast implants and tissue expanders
- Account Planning/strategy development experience and the ability to execute key strategies
- Financial/budgetary experience
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies (includes Licenses, Credentials)
- Ability to effectively lead team to achieve consistent sales performance.
- Ability to evaluate staff deployment as well as region and territory assignments
- Ability to monitor field activity to ensure balanced workloads; exercise control over resources, budgets and expenses; oversee business operations including accounts receivable, etc.
- Superior leadership qualities and business acumen
- Ability to effectively coach and develop others using strong analytical, decision making and results orientation skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to effectively work with diverse customers and employees
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate with many diverse customer audiences, therapeutic decision makers, and other influencers
- Excellent presentation skills to engage and meet the needs of various audiences
- Superior organization and project management skills
- Strong business planning skills
- Ability to travel, a minimum of 50%
- Role covers Southeast US territory and must sit in respective region (ie. Georgia, Flordia, South Carolina, etc.)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.