Director, Talent Management
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Director, Talent Management Commercial and Areas
The Director, Talent Management will join a diverse, collaborative team of specialists whose primary purpose is to drive performance through talent strategies. This individual will lead a team of 6 talent managers/associate directors focused on the Commercial function and support of geographies across the globe. They will be instrumental in educating and consulting with leaders and Business Human Resources (BHR) on talent management best practices to drive talent outcomes and business performance globally.
- Provide leadership in the areas of performance management, career development, strategy, and stakeholder management to a global team of 6 talent management experts.
- Partner with the BHR VP of Commercial and team along with cross functional partners to influence the talent strategy and outcomes for Commercial.
- Partner with and coach leadership to identify top talent within the organization and differentiate their development, creating a deep pipeline of talent. Guide the Human Resources and Leadership team to shape the talent agenda and make associated talent decisions that align with the business strategy.
- Collaborate as a peer with the talent management leads of other functions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and lead process implementation for Performance Management and Talent Reviews; train BHR on practice, process and tools. Support BHR and leaders to implement the processes consistently. Drive better process and talent outcomes year over year.
- Act as a trusted advisor and talent authority in providing consultation on all phases of talent management such as succession management, assessment and feedback, enterprise critical capabilities, selection processes, and senior leader transitions.
- Provide insights that lead to solutions and actions to build capability of talent.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to assess and provide input to the design for necessary development to fill gaps in the talent pipeline for high potential and high performing employees, or key teams.
- Serve as member of VP HR staff and extended leadership member.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Major in Business preferred. Master’s degree an asset.
- 5 years in Human Resources Management with an expertise in Talent Management.
- Demonstrated results working in a matrix, global, virtual environment required.
- Proven success leading teams directly and indirectly.
- Effective in managing complex projects across multi-disciplinary, matrix environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; expertise in executive presentations and influence.
- Fluency and experience working with analytics.
- Successful development of strategies and implementation.
- Experience leveraging senior business leaders to sponsor solutions.
- Exceptional stakeholder management, consulting and influence skills.
- Preferred: Advanced degree in Human Resources or Business Management; Experience in Pharmaceutical industry; Experience living and working in a range of countries and cultures.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.