Anatomic Veterinary Pathologist- several openings
StageBio (www.stagebio.com) is a leading global provider of GLP-compliant clinical research and preclinical necropsy, histology, pathology, image analysis and specimen archiving services for the biopharmaceutical, medical device and contract research industries. In addition to a GLP/GCLP-compliant lab facility in Germany, we operate locations in VA, OH, MA and MD, with continued investment in facility and technology infrastructure planned to meet the demand for high-quality histopathology services. A growing team of 30 board-certified Veterinary Pathologists, as well as over 75 laboratory technicians, are employed in support of our unified international commitment to quality, scientific integrity and client satisfaction.
StageBio is seeking several full-time, experienced, board-certified veterinary pathologists to join our growing team. The positions are oriented toward preclinical neuropathology, medical device, general toxicology or investigative/molecular support. We are seeking someone with either TCR or bone experience for two of our roles. The ideal candidate for this position appreciates a high level of study variety and is suited to work in a flexible environment where technology is used not only for scientific purposes but also to keep the pathology team connected. Relocation support is available. Teleworking eligibility is dependent upon the area of expertise. Roles may be located near Marlborough, MA or Frederick, MD.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Perform routine anatomic pathology evaluation, including microscopic tissue assessment and report authoring, for both non-GLP and GLP preclinical studies
- Serve as Study Pathologist for assessment and reporting of anatomic pathology findings in accordance with protocol requirements
- Work with internal staff to meet reporting deadlines and maintain productive collaborations with clients
- Provide occasional necropsy supervision duties and other off-site assignments as required.
- Ensure GLP compliance for all work performed
- Interact with Study Directors/clients as needed
- Maintain continuing education through professional association affiliations, participation in relevant conferences and publication efforts
- Oversee trimming, imaging and histology for studies in order to provide scientific oversight
- Participate in Pathology Peer Review as needed
- Capture and annotate photomicrographs for inclusion in pathology reports
- DVM/VMD degree and ACVP (Anatomic Pathology) board certification; PhD or MS welcomed but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a board-certified veterinary pathologist in a GLP research and toxicology environment preferred
- Ability to travel for professional meetings and occasional necropsy services
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Experience with GLP peer reviews preferred
StageBio offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-sponsored health insurance, short-term and long-term disability, AD&D, and life insurance for employees and dependents, flexible paid time off and paid holidays. Compensation is commensurate with experience. StageBio is an equal opportunity employer.