Scientist/Sr. Scientist - Analytical Development
Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on harnessing the power of targeted DNA integration. Graphite Bio uses next-generation CRISPR based technology platforms for developing curative gene correction-based stem cell therapies for serious and life-threatening genetic diseases with inadequate existing treatment options
We are seeking a talented cell biologist to lead fit-for-purpose method development in the Analytical Development in supporting product release, product development, and product/process characterization in hematopoietic stem cell products.
What You Will Do:
- Drive the method development in the selection of the right technology and fit-for-purpose method selection to support Process development, Product release methods, and other characterization purposes
- Design, develop, optimize, and qualify/validate methods for implementation in-house or transfer to partner organizations or CRO.
- Implement and interpret various assays for characterization purposes.
- Responsibilities as an SME in biology and CRISPR sciences in the department and with our partner organizations.
- Apply statistical software such as Prisms and MiniTab for data analysis.
- Maintain or generate reference immune cells or cells line.
- Draft protocols and SOPs, and properly document experiments.
- Communicate scientific data and make appropriate conclusions effectively internally and externally.
- Establish and contribute positivity to the broader vision of company culture.
What You Will Bring:
- The ideal candidate has a Ph.D. degree in cell biology, stem cell biology, molecular biology, genetics, or immunology.
- 2+ years of experience in studying various immune cell types such as red blood cells, macrophages, monocytes, T and B cells in biotech, pharmaceutical industry, and/or academic settings.
- Strong background in hematopoietic stem cell biology.
- Good experience and knowledge of CRISPR and cell and gene therapy
- Hands-on experiences in mammalian cell culture, cell enrichment, NGS technology, ELISA, and flow cytometry.
- Familiar with cell-based and non-cell-based assays and their method qualification and validation procedures.
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal, and scientific writing skills.
Fit with Graphite Bio's culture:
Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual
Values-based leadership consistent with Graphite Bios' Core Values
Excitement about the vision and mission of Graphite Bio
Competitive salary with equity
Free on-site gym access
Free on-site meals and coffee bar
Graphite Bio is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.