Senior Manager SEC Reporting/Technical Accounting
Manager: Senior Director, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
This position is responsible for the preparation of external financial statements. The Senior Manager is also responsible for ensuring compliance and coordination of internal controls over various aspects of the financial reporting process and filings with SEC and other regulatory bodies. The Senior Manager serves as a resource to the rest of the team as a technical accounting resource. This is an individual contributor position.
- Prepare SEC filings, including 10Q, 10K, 8Ks, S-8, Stock Offerings, Proxy Statements, and Ownership Forms
- Support and/or prepare related financial statements and disclosures in accordance with US GAAP and related SEC regulatory requirements
- Coordinate and manage process for preparation and review of supporting financial statements, schedules and tables
- Support XBRL tagging and reporting requirements
- Coordinate with parties outside of finance (internal legal department, external counsel, operation leads, independent public accounting firm, members of the Disclosure Committee, and Audit Committee) to support SEC filings
- Provide technical accounting assistance on accounting issues and transactions
- Research and implement new technical accounting issues and arrive at well-reasoned conclusions.
- Maintain an expanding technical accounting knowledge by staying appraised of new pronouncements and interpretations applicable to the business.
- Implement policies and operations changes arising from new GAAP and SEC rules.
- Analyze the financial, accounting and economic impacts of proposed transactions as required
- Responsible for international consolidations and oversite of accounting operations for global subsidiaries.
- Support revenue accounting and reporting process, including communication with department leads, accounting operations and management and research collaborators for revenue reporting
- Support relationship with external auditors related to quarterly reviews and year-end audit
- Provide strategic analysis of financial data and ad hoc financial reporting, as needed
- Lead, manage and execute on special projects as needed, and across various functions
- Responsible for ensuring compliance and coordination of internal controls over financial reporting including maintaining documentation and supporting control testing processes
- Seek opportunities to implement best practices
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- CPA desired
- BS/BA in finance, economics or accounting
- 7+ years of relevant experience including public accounting (biotech industry preferred)
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills including financial modeling, accounting system and proficiency with other Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, etc.); Oracle reporting experience a plus
- Experience working with technical account research tools (Big 4 technical accounting libraries, such as DART, EY Atlas), Intelligize, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, to facilitate interaction through all levels of the organization
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize reporting and other management systems and tools
- Ability to adapt to a non-routine, flexible and fast paced environment
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.