Senior Specialist, Quality Assurance Systems
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Title : Senior Specialist, Quality Systems
The Sr Specialist Quality Systems is responsible for providing quality assurance support for some or all of the following manufacturing processes: pharmaceutical products, medical devices, combination products and biologics. Specific areas of support may include the Document Center, Device QA, Labeling, Validation, Training and CAPA. This position will ensure that all product, process or system related quality activities from raw material inspection through shipment of final product are in compliance with Corporate and governmental regulations.
- Ensure proper integration and support of quality regulations: drug, biologics, device and/or combination products.
- Assist project teams in planning, preparation, review and approval of quality documentation. Responsible for developing a process to maintain citation history. Monitor changes to legislation, regulations and statutes that may impact retention and/or require changes to the AbbVie Record Retention Schedule.
- Create quality system documentation and specifications with guidance from technical teams following approved templates and guidelines.
- Complete and route change requests for process document creation, maintenance, and implementation.
- Design effective quality systems, procedures and/or processes within cross functional teams to ensure compliance as well as efficiency throughout our quality system. May be required to prepare and present data during regulatory audits (FDA, EMA, Anvisa, etc) and internal audits.
- Interact with internal and external partners for development of best practices in our quality systems and procedures.
- Perform assessments to determine compliance to processes and regulations to identify potential gaps and mitigate and implement improvements within our quality system.
- Contribute and prepare training and education programs for various aspects of quality assurance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biology, Microbiology, Engineering or other technical/ scientific area preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in quality assurance, quality oversight or relevant experience.
- Technical knowledge in as many of the following areas as possible: Quality, Regulatory, Process Sciences, Manufacturing Operations.
- Knowledge and familiarity with product, process, equipment, and facilities of pharmaceutical, biological or device related products.
- Knowledge of QA systems and GMP compliance requirements including regulations and standards affecting device, biologics, and pharmaceutical products.
- Experience working in both team setting and independently. Works well with manager guidance while able to manage own time.
- Strong oral (with all levels of management) and written communication skills needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills a plus.
- Runs and manages small to medium sized quality related projects.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.