Manager, Sales and Data Operations
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Grade will be determined by candidate's experience
Job Description: The Field Tools Manager sits within the Field Tool CoE (Center of Excellence). The group is primarily tasked with maintaining and developing highly functional field tools solutions for Abbvie’s growing sales force. As a member of this team, the Field Tools Manager will primarily focus on enterprise-wide initiatives and capabilities that span data management, tool development, and capability enhancements – all while maintaining an eye towards continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will act as a primary liaison between the business, the field, and BTS (Business Technology Solutions). This often requires a balancing act between technical expertise, business savvy, and stakeholder management. In order to succeed the candidate will need to be able to navigate complex business situations while consistently drawing on their technical expertise/relationships in order to ensure our end customers (the field) are thoroughly supported.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage capabilities which enable the Business Units with information, insights, planning and execution tools to drive business strategy and customer engagement.
- Provide oversight of data continuity governance and business rules implementation to maintain organizational alignment on key metrics that assess and measure success for the business units.
- Partner with cross-functional teams for program management, governance, user experience and UX transformation
- Continually lead process improvements and innovate for key areas of responsibility including field tools user experience and agility.
- Lead cross functional initiatives to establish scope, timelines, deliverables, and field deployment.
- Establish partnerships and collaboration with other in-field teams, BTS, FFE verticals, MABI and more to drive projects and capabilities across the enterprise.
- Drive framework and vision for the foundational capabilities and underlying data components of field tools.
- Business lead for all current and upcoming data ecosystem related activities, including facilitating prioritization discussions for enhancement requests, resource requirements, and or larger business impacts across the various consumers of DSL (1view, FFE, Sypher)
- Liaison between BTS and the business on critical initiatives, including timing and resourcing.
- Coordinate & communicate with Vertical Field Tools Leads on DSL Business Requirements Specifications (BRS) updates and changes
- Continue to assess areas of opportunity as the organization progresses through its acquisition of Allergan
- Working alongside our BTS (Business Technology Solutions) counterparts, develop and execute long term plans aimed towards harmonizing various aspects of data management, field reporting, and field tools
- Enterprise-wide metrics cataloguing for Field Tools and all related outputs.
- Bachelors’ degree required, Master’s degree in Business or Science preferred
- Experience with data architecture and large complex data ecosystems required
- Experience with Veeva, Salesforce.com, other CRM platforms, and BI tools preferred but not required
- 6+ years in analytical and/or commercial operations experience required. Demonstratable experience articulating complex technical subject matter to audiences less versed in the topic.
- Proven track record of taking data heavy concepts from design all the way through to implementation
- Knowledge of a variety of programs (including but not limited to, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) required
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.