Associate Director, International OEC
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Director, International Compliance will possess working knowledge of AbbVie’s business, the current compliance environment, and the broader business impact of compliance issues to develop and provide solution-oriented compliance guidance related to AbbVie’s compliance program for both Global Brand (Immunology) and Global Marketing and Commercial Operations (GMCO). The Associate Director will also provide direct oversight for AbbVie’s compliance program respnsibilities at the therapeutic area, business unit, functional or corporate/global level.
The Associate Director, Compliance will perform the following with limited supervision from the Compliance Director, HQ International OEC.
- Serve as the primary strategic partner to the business at all levels as the OEC lead with primary responsibility to provide functional policy interpretation and guidance on associated requirements
- Advise, consult and guide proposed business strategies and programs focusing on identifying potential compliance issues and to analyze and propose alternative solutions with business, legal, regulatory, and other functions, as appropriate
- Possess a solid working knowledge of AbbVie’s business, the current compliance environment, and the broader business impact
- Conduct compliance risk assessments, trend analysis and provides recommendations for compliant business activities
- Be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of all International OEC programs and services
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with key cross-functional partners including Legal, Regulatory, BTS, Purchasing, and other OEC teams to ensure elements of International OEC are successfully coordinated to meet Affiliate and Global HQ business needs; includes relationship management, leadership, on-boarding and assurance of International OEC roles & responsibilities, and delivery on strategic commitments
- Conducts policy and procedure reviews and updates related to OEC policy and functional procedures ensuring clarity, applicability, and compliance
- Develop, deliver and update OEC’s comprehensive training program on OEC and functional policies and procedures
- Develop, implement, modify and oversee corporate and/or functional monitoring and any corrective actions to ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Conduct trend analysis and forecasting of potential future compliance concerns
- Leads cross-functional OEC programs and initiatives dedicated to ensuring efficient and effective ways of working between Affiliate and Global Compliance teams by:
- Implementing International OEC strategies to meet organizational needs
- Developing proposals and recommendations to resolve strategically important issues affecting International OEC
- Establishing clear channels to have significant depth of knowledge of critical success factors and challenges for affiliate and HQ International OEC leaders
- Identification of trends and new approaches to continuously improve the International OEC team
- Be a leader of the International OEC organization that positively represents and embodies the collective reputation of the International OEC organization as a whole
- BA/BS or university equivalent degree required. JD or Masters/Advanced Degree in the Health Sciences, Law or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience with, or exposure to, the Biotech/Pharma business in functions such as Compliance and Legal
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Project management in organizational leadership strongly preferred
- Forward thinking in use of technology and data
- Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly as needed
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.