Associate Scientist I/II, Pathology Support Specialist
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
At AbbVie, Preclinical Safety (PCS) is responsible for all aspects of Toxicology, Pathology, and Comparative Medicine. The Department of Pathology in PCS has an opening for a Pathology Support Specialist to provide operational support to the professional and technical staff. The primary responsibilities include maintenance of the Microsoft study schedule for the Global Pathology group, quality control (QC) of pathology reports and other regulatory documents, and liaison with both internal and external partners.
The Pathology Support Specialist will also write pathology workflow processes, generate data tables,and enter the pathology portion of the common tabulated summary for the toxicology reports.
- Manage pathology study schedules and timelines
- Assist in preparation of reports, including preparation of report templates and generation of data tables
- Understand and adhere to Good Laboratory and Documentation practices and compliance
- Quality control of reports, FDA queries, Investigational Brochures and other regulatory documents, as requested
- Prepare and populate Common Technical Document tables for toxicology reports
- Contribute to Quality Assurance audit observation responses
- Prepare departmental quarterly and year-end Key Performance Indices
- Act as liaison between AbbVie study pathologist and CRO operational staff/study team/pathologists
- Bachelors degree and typically 0-3 years of experience or Masters degree and no experience required
- Degree in Biology, B.A, Medical Technology, or a related field is preferred
*Job level will be commensurate with experience
- ASCP certification is preferred
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices
- Knowledge of Prestima/Provantis Data Entry Systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communications
- Ability to work and effectively communicate in a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Proven ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver high-quality results in a timely fashion
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.