Senior Manager - IT Business Systems (G&A)
Senior Manager - IT Business Systems (G&A)Allakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases. Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
Position Summary:As a member of the Allakos team, you will be responsible for partnering with Finance, HR, Legal and other Allakos functions to identify, design, implement and support business capabilities. You will also manage and support Finance and G&A applications.
The successful candidate must be an experienced professional with software development life cycle understanding, strong project management fundamentals, business process analysis skills, and best practice software configuration knowledge.
This position will work closely with business partners/stakeholders to integrate technology and business processes into effective, efficient, and scalable solutions. The success of the position will be measured on IT project management delivery, fit of technology solutions to business capability needs, business partners/stakeholder feedback and IT support metrics. This position is based in Redwood City, CA and reports to the Senior Director – IT Business Systems.
- Partner with functional business leaders to understand their technology needs and ensure technology investments are scoped and prioritized properly to maximize the company’s technology investments.
- Review system requirements and prepares recommendations anticipating future application needs.
- Lead new system selection processes including requirement gathering, RFP development, and software vendor selection.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day support, system administration, availability and performance monitoring, and continuous improvement activities for systems in portfolio; in conjunction, develops standard operating procedures (SOP), trains personnel on use and manages upgrade.
- Partner with Finance to establish and maintain SOX computer systems compliance.
- Oversee ITGC elements of SOX compliance including coordination with internal/external auditors on quarterly and annual reviews.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with business partners including co-workers and management.
- Execute agreed upon service levels (i.e. project schedules, system availability, & service quality).
- Develop and maintain IT Roadmaps in association with Business Partners/Stakeholders
- Conduct ongoing research into industry and technology trends.
- Keep stakeholders sufficiently informed on progress with initiatives or deliverables
Qualifications and Expertise:
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. MBA or MS degree a plus
- 5+ years working on business transformation and/or IT implementation/management
- 2+ years of IT management experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical environment managing systems supporting ERP, Budgeting, Finance Reporting, Business Intelligence, HR and Expense Management systems.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud ERP, Oracle EPM preferred.
- Experience with Computer System Validation a plus.
- Strong project management skills and execution record
- Detail-oriented, well organized, and able to assume responsibility for specific project deliverables with limited supervision.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that requires the oversight of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to provide Level 1 support for the applications in the portfolio
- Ability to effectively manage service providers/vendors supporting business systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Good communication skills and an ability to interact with staff of all levels of the company.
- Detail-oriented; with strong analytical, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot, research, and solve technically challenging problems involving integrated systems.
- Strong customer service orientation and a high-level understanding of business processes related to pharmaceutical corporate activities.