Principal/Senior Scientist Antibody Discovery
Reporting to the Senior Director, Discovery, the Principal/Senior Scientist will be responsible for leading efforts in the generation of novel therapeutic antibodies and evaluation as well as CAR scFV generation and functional assessment, that will support Artiva’s Discovery platform and technologies.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of antibody campaigns at CROs, including design and generation of target antigens, immunizations, display library construction and characterization, antibody format, affinity maturation, humanization, scFv conversion and affinity assessment etc.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of experiments, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues and/or CRO’s.
- Engage CROs and execute antibody production to support NK cell ADCC and CAR related projects.
- Closely review method development, validation/qualification data and draw logical conclusions.
- Analyze results and methods, solve analytical problems, and troubleshoot assays.
- Develop and propose novel strategies to enhance pipeline.
- Perform NK killing assay, FACS profiling assay, antibody dependent cell mediated cytotoxicity assay, CFSE proliferation assay, and mixed lymphocyte reaction assay, multicolor flow cytometry, cytokine profiling assay by ELISA or MSD.
- Experience with SDS-PAGE, Octet and SPR is highly desired.
- Coordinate and collaborate with colleagues to execute in vivo studies to assess NK and CAR-NK cell anti-tumor efficacy and safety using mouse model.
- Provide input into strategies in the development of potential NK based projects.
- Prepare timely technical reports summarizing experimental results.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Ability to manage complex research and development functions and timelines through outsourced or partnered workflows is a requirement. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action. Excellent analytical skills, ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way, and ability to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Ph.D. with a focus in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology with a strong background in antibody discovery & engineering as well as cell therapies and CAR technologies.
- Proven capability in managing multiple projects and prioritizing tasks to meet schedules and timelines.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the biotech field, preferably a combination of large and small biotechs.
- In depth knowledge of antibody discovery and proven track record of leading antibody campaigns from concept to development.
- Experience with in vivo models and humanized mouse platforms.
- Proficient in the use of programs such as MS Excel & Power Point and GraphPad Prism for data entry, analysis, visualization and presentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to present effectively to teams.
- Proven ability to coach and manage a team.
- Decision Making
- Risk Management
- Time Management
- Business Planning
- Strategic thinker
- Implementing Plans
- CRO Management
- Analysis & Reporting
- Leadership & Team Development
- Forward thinking
We look for talented, entrepreneurial people who share our values.
We are called to put the safety of our patients and employees first, and to act with integrity and the highest ethical standards. To achieve our mission, we must collaborate across the Company at all levels, and we must hold ourselves and our teams accountable for delivering the progress we commit to, on the timelines we set. We embrace diversity, we include people and their ideas, and we aspire to excellence by listening, understanding, sharing and responding. We want you to be fully engaged, to develop personally and professionally through this chapter in your life, and to have fun along the way.
Artiva Biotherapeutics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination based upon a protected category, as well as an environment free from retaliation for protected activity.
- The opportunity to work with a team of highly experienced professionals from clinical to regulatory to CMC to research
- To be part of building a company on the cutting edge of cell therapy that may be a game changer to patients in a culture that is entrepreneurial, highly collaborative and innovative
- Competitive compensation, including bonus
- Equity program
- Health and welfare benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, EAP