Clinical Development Project Manager
About MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC):
MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) catalyzes healing and well-being through psychedelic drug development, therapist training programs, and sales of prescription psychedelics prioritizing public benefit above profit. Founded in 2014, MAPS PBC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. More information about the organization is available at http://www.mapsbcorp.com/
MAPS PBC is committed to the evolution of psychedelic healing modalities. We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We value transparency, autonomy, experimentation, and kind, direct feedback. We welcome applicants who thrive in the midst of a growing organization that values science and healing.
We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives. MAPS PBC values and seeks applicants who are people of color, queer, transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender fluid people. MAPS PBC strives to establish a supportive, equitable and accessible work environment.
The Project Manager will lead a newly-created project management function that supports MAPS PBC in preparing for launching its first product: MDMA-assisted therapy for the treatment of PTSD. They will provide strategic leadership, operational management, and oversight of cross-functional projects that span Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, CMC, Commercial, Training & Supervision, and Finance. The Project Manager will be responsible for planning projects and ensuring they are implemented on time, on budget, and to a high-quality standard. The initial focus will be on preparation for rolling NDA submission in 2021-2022.
In addition, the Project Manager will strengthen project management capabilities throughout the organization by serving as an expert resource, identifying and disseminating best practices, implementing shared tools, and providing training and mentoring.
This position will report into and work closely with the entire Senior Leadership Team.
This is a remote position from a suitable home office with a private and quiet area to work. Secure internet and reliable phone reception are required. This position requires frequent phone and internet meetings. Certain home office expenses may be reimbursed. A work computer will be provided.
Hours: Full time
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a bio-medical, science or related field
- Minimum of 10 years experience working in drug development and at least 5 years in a project management capacity; CNS experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of project management discipline and its application to drug development; PMP certification strongly preferred
- Proven track record of successful NDA filings
- Advanced proficiency with project management and related platforms, including Smartsheet, Asana, and Sharepoint
- Strong knowledge of GxPs and related regulatory frameworks
- Experience with people management and leading a project management unit or team
- Strong stakeholder management and influence skills. Ability to motivate, manage conflict, drive consensus, and promote good communication and efficient decision-making
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including at senior leadership level
- Ability to manage details and complexity while maintaining a sense of the big picture making
- Exceptional meeting management capabilities, including advance preparation, facilitation, time management, and follow-up
- Self-starter, resourceful, creative, driven, collaborative, and positive
- Thrives in entrepreneurial environments with significant ambiguity/unknowns, a fast pace, and evolving team and organization
Description of Responsibilities:
- Align teams around clearly defined goals, priorities, and timelines
- Create an integrated project plan across the enterprise with clear milestones, deliverables, dependencies, and transparent reporting of progress (e.g., KPIs, dashboards, reports)
- Establish efficient and effective processes to coordinate communication and activities across project teams and maintain accountability. Regularly refresh these processes as the needs of projects, teams, and the organization evolve
- Coordinate resource requirements across projects, proactively identify resource constraints, and facilitate prioritization and resource allocation decisions with leadership. Ensure priorities defined by senior leadership flow through to project activity across teams
- Identify, prioritize, and manage risks to project success. Escalate critical path risks to department and senior leadership, making recommendations and facilitating necessary problem solving and decision making to re-prioritize as necessary
- Identify opportunities to accelerate progress and gain efficiencies. Challenge assumptions about timeline and resource requirements and identify creative approaches to project execution
- Maintain real-time understanding of project timelines and status, and serve as central source of truth for all team members including senior leadership
- Manage a Project Management Associate and mentor other staff with project management responsibilities, including in other departments. Establish shared project management norms, best practices, and tools across the enterprise
FLSA Status: Exempt
Compensation: Salary range based on experience; competitive benefit package includes:
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance (100% covered for employees + 50% for dependents)
- Employer funded mental health HRA
- Employer funded SEP IRA
- FSA/Dep Care
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
- Wellness Wednesday/Journal Club/Yoga/Meditation and so much more!