Senior Research Associate I – Microbial and Molecular Biology
IFF is seeking multiple Sr. Research Associates to join our team in Palo Alto, CA! We are looking for passionate and dedicated individuals to join our Health & Biosciences team as they explore the world of microbial and molecular biology. At IFF, we work hard to support and encourage our employees’ growth as scientists and as professionals.
At IFF, we are constantly advancing and innovating to meet our customers’ evolving needs. IFF is a global biotechnology leader resulting from the merger this year of IFF and the Nutrition & Biosciences division of DuPont. We supply proteins, small molecules and organisms for applications ranging from cleaning to baking to renewable energy.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing experiments employing molecular biology techniques for projects aimed at commercializing proteins and small molecules
- Be involved and provide key support in all the steps required for strain construction and testing including genomic transformation, genomic sequence verification, small scale testing, data analysis, interpretation, reporting and follow up discussions
- Communicate and document processes and results
- Collaborate with international and multidisciplinary teams
The following are required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, or a related discipline, with a minimum or 5 years of research lab experience; OR a Master’s degree and minimum 2 years of research lab experience
- Knowledge and hands on experience with one or more of the following:
- molecular biology
- bacterial/fungal physiology
- protein expression/secretion
- cell sorting/flow cytometry/microfluidic techniques for strain selection
- Demonstrated ability of computational and statistical methods for data analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
The following are preferred:
- Bioinformatic experience with omics tools (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics)
- Experience with robotics and high-throughput screening
At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace. Visit IFF.com/careers to learn more about our Equality Policy.