Senior Project Manager, Enterprise PMO
The Senior Project Manager, Enterprise PMO will be an advocate of Avanir’s Mission, Vision & Values and serve as an impetus in achieving the organization goals and objectives. The Senior Project Manager will help ensure that the Enterprise PMO is working on the right projects aligned with Avanir’s strategic priorities, and after approval, project manage multiple projects with a keen focus on achieving the project objectives. Working with the rest of the Enterprise PMO team, the incumbent will be part of the go-to team in achieving results, instilling a collaborative mindset and energizing the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assesses and analyzes the functional and system needs of the business by working closely with business leaders, subject matter experts and other stakeholders
- Responsible for management of project intake and assessment process for the assigned function(s) by working with respective key stakeholders
- Participates in annual and periodic project portfolio development process
- Supports efforts to facilitate visibility and management of Avanir’s project portfolio within Avanir and as needed within Otsuka North America
- Responsible for successful project execution, implementation and sustainability of assigned projects through proper application of Avanir project management methodology, tools and governance, within allocated budget and timeline
- Guide/lead the project teams in quantifying project benefits
- Conducts regular cross-functional project/program meetings with all stakeholders throughout project lifecycle; effectively communicates up, down and across
- Sets and manages scope, cost and delivery expectations of internal/external partners and stakeholders
- Manages the effective utilization, allocation and deployment of internal/external resources to ensure successful delivery and support of projects
- Partners with IT, process owners and other key stakeholders to ensure the alignment, consolidation and integration of systems/solutions
- Escalates any potential risk to business immediately to his/her management
- Teaches, coaches/mentors less experienced team members at all levels to increase organizational capabilities
- Maintains a performance and improvement culture. Be an impactful Change Agent. Take initiative to reach out and drive changes
- Provides regular updates to management and all key stakeholders to ensure proper communication and continued alignment on project goals and priority
- Develops project control plan and appropriate hand off with process owner(s) to ensure sustainability and periodic project outcome reporting
- Other duties as assigned
“This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.”
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable accredited intuition required. Preferred science and engineering background.
- Preferred PMI certification
- Preferred certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- 5+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry desirable
- 8+ years of Project Management of System and Non System projects preferred
- Proven hands-on experience in driving, implementing and sustaining change
- Proven successful track record of developing, implementing and leading cross functional projects
- Must be solutions oriented and pragmatic (with analytical thinking and problem-solving skills)
- Excellent project management, collaboration and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- High level proficiency in MS applications
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment and other computing and digital devices is required. May be required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel may be necessary, so the ability to travel by plane, operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license and/or effectively navigate public transportation is required. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively participate in meetings. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push, carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration, reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving carts, mechanical equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines) and vehicles. May be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.