Regional Sales Director- East Coast
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Title – Regional Sales Director Consumable
At Allergan Aesthetics, an AbbVie company, you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight.
We currently have an exciting new openings for a Regional Sales Director (RSD) Consumable. This position is responsible for overseeing a team of Regional Practices Managers in achieving all consumable sales and utilization targets assigned in the region. The RSD reports directly to the VP, Sales Body Contouring.
The RSD will lead a team in an assigned region, develop and coach skills to empower his/her team to succeed and inspire individuals to exceed sales results. Must have the ability to attract, hire and retain top talent in the aesthetic industry. This experienced leader will have the ability to direct and support the Regional Practice Managers in maintaining and growing a procedure-based business in an outpatient-based treatment setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Achieve the assigned monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets in the region.
- Develop, direct, manage and support a regional sales team in all aspects of account development and account management with procedure adoption being primary objective
- Develop and maintain both luminary and key account relationships
- Proven experience in the development and execution of tactical planning and strategic execution of a business plan and sales objectives
- Attract, train, manage and retain top performers in the aesthetic marketplace to drive adoption and integration of the Allergan Procedure in every customer account
- Install, manage and monitor Beta accounts prior to commercial release
- Manage all aspects of assigned region to include but not limited to recruiting, training, developing, coaching, counseling, leading, motivating and maintaining the morale of the region
- Manage, monitor and evaluate marketing, customer service and sales support at a regional level
- Develop realistic goals and action plans for the Regional Practice Managers
- Manage the required administrative functions including the acceptance, integration and compliance of the Customer Relationship Management program
- Attend trade shows, events and meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- 5+ years successful management experience in the aesthetic or similar b2b model.
- 3+ years’ experience in capital equipment sales is preferred, preferably in the aesthetic market.
- 3+ successful years in device sales with the ability to train and support regional team members.
- Ability to hire, train, lead and motivate a highly ethical sales team.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and dynamic leadership to interface with different departments throughout the organization.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work with direct reports in the delivery of coaching and performance feedback.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships by interacting effectively with employees and external contacts at all levels, demonstrating the awareness of their needs and responding with the appropriate action.
- Natural ability to relate to luminaries and key accounts to develop deep and lasting customer relationships
- Applies a range of traditional and non-traditional problem-solving techniques to think through and solve issues creatively to improve performance and company effectiveness.
- Advanced business analytical skills to identify trends, opportunities and threats and then determine actions to drive business and overcome challenges.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including the creation of PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets and Word documents
- Must have the ability to travel and work weekends and evenings when required
- Valid driver’s license issued by the state in which the individual resides; good driving record.
- Travel as required throughout the region, including overnights and weekends, as necessary to fully manage the region and attend tradeshows, trainings and regional meetings as requested.
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which Allergan complies.
Significant Work Activities
Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.