Finance Manager, Finance Planning & Analysis
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The primary function of this position is to provide financial leadership to manage and coordinate Plan, Updates, Long Range Plan (LRP), LBEs, S&OPs, and day-to-day financial support for Patient Access Program and US Grants that are funded by US Commercial and managed by Corporate Responsibility. The Finance Manager supports senior management by understanding the financial impact of activities and initiatives and offers financial insight and guidance to achieve organizational objectives and cross-divisional funding. Additional responsibilities include:
- Follow US Commercial planning and reporting cycles, lead process to develop comprehensive budgets for all cycles (Plan, LBE, S&OPs, and LRP) including supporting analytics, internal management reviews, and executive review packages for US Commercial and AbbVie Corporate Responsibility.
- Prepare monthly management internal reporting package to monitor program performance and provide commentaries to significant variance during US Commercial monthly flash process
- Support the preparation and delivery of executive presentations reflecting strategic imperatives and financial implications of programs and organizational changes
- Support the implementation of strategies to incorporate business changes into the financial processes and results
- Evaluate and implement financial process improvements to enhance controls and processes, challenge status quo, propose solutions, and drive efficiency throughout the organization
- Collaborate with both US Commercial, AbbVie Corporate Responsibility, Pharmacy Solutions and 3rd party business providers to meet AbbVie deliverables and requirements
- Lead and/or actively participate on project teams as required and be accountable for project deliverables
- Coordinate with Corporate Responsibility for industry survey reporting on Corporate Philanthropy spending
- Ensure compliance with AbbVie policies and procedures
- Review and approval of grants and reporting and analysis of actual vs benchmark
- Collaborate with US Commercial Finance Compliance team for Grant transparency reporting
- Coordinate with US Shared Service on month-end closing and financial reporting processes (including JEs. Balance sheet, and inventory reconciliations)
The ability to manage/influence across organizations because this role will work extensively with both the Corporate Responsibility and the US Commercial organizations.
Position provides financial leadership for AbbVie HQ Corporate Responsibility with a cross-divisional combined annual gross budget of $87MM.
The Finance Manager will independently set priorities to achieve both planned and unplanned departmental and foundation objectives.
Skills and Requirements
- Strong financial background with progressive experience in a variety of Finance and Accounting roles
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to translate strategic goals and objectives into actionable priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills to build effective working relationships and work cross-divisionally
- Demonstrated professionalism and tact as position interfaces with all levels of AbbVie management, auditors, and third-party vendors
- Proactive and results oriented
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach, develop, and motivate
- Solid problem-solving and analytical competencies with focus on win/win solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to collaborate, negotiate, and build consensus across functions and divisions
- Able to work both independently and with teams
- Knowledge of AbbVie Financial Policies and Procedures as well as Planning and Reporting cycles
- FP&A forecasting
Minimum Experience/Education Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive and related experience in FP&A or Financial Reporting
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with all levels of management
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and adapt quickly to change to achieve required deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge in business applications (TM1, SAP General Ledger)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.