QC Laboratory Manager (Pharma) - Bishop, TX
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2021 as one of America’s Best Large Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future.
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to be responsible for the day to day operation of an active pharmaceutical ingredient quality control laboratory. In this role, you will ensure that the quality control laboratory maintains compliance with GMP, GLP and ICH Q7 requirements, while providing superior customer support as we strive to be the premier supplier of Ibuprofen.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Your in-depth practical experience in GMP/GLP requirements will be essential to the long-term success of the pharmaceutical quality control laboratory as you ensure compliance with ICH Q7 and data integrity topics.
- Demonstrating your detailed knowledge of instrumentation used in the analysis of active pharmaceutical ingredients, you will develop and maintain a replacement strategy for laboratory equipment to minimize product release times.
- Your supervisory experience will help you to provide day-to-day direction for the laboratory personnel to ensure timely and accurate analyses.
- Demonstrating your technical knowledge and communication skills, you will interface with customers and technical marketing to support new business opportunities and regulatory information requests.
- Your experience in leading people will help to develop a highly motivated and trained workforce in the laboratory to support continued growth of the business while maximizing efficiency.
- Your knowledge of GMP/GLP/ICH Q7 will serve you well as you participate in regulatory and customer audits of the QC laboratory to ensure compliance and implementation of corrective actions, as necessary.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.