Associate Director/Director, InVivo Pharmacology
Black Diamond Therapeutics is a precision oncology medicine company pioneering the discovery and development of small molecule, tumor-agnostic therapies. Black Diamond targets undrugged mutations in patients with genetically defined cancers for whom limited treatment options currently exist. Black Diamond is built upon a deep understanding of cancer genetics, protein structure and function, and medicinal chemistry. The Company’s proprietary technology platform, Mutation-Allostery-Pharmacology, or MAP, platform, is designed to allow Black Diamond to analyze population-level genetic sequencing data to identify oncogenic mutations that promote cancer across tumor types, group these mutations into families and develop a single small molecule therapy in a tumor-agnostic manner that targets a specific family of mutations.
Black Diamond has an exciting opening for an experienced cancer biologist to serve as Associate Director / Director – In Vivo Pharmacolgy. The incumbent will direct in vivo pharmacology studies in support of both early and advanced pipeline programs, working through close collaboration with research project leaders to design and conduct scientifically robust studies to evaluate our pipeline of precision oncology medicines.Responsibilities
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design, execution, and analysis of oncology in vivo pharmacology studies.
- Contribute to the crafting of preclinical oncology in vivo research strategies, working closely with the preclinical project teams and external advisors.
- Demonstrate a high level of independence in managing the performance of in vivo experiments, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions regarding experimental progress and results of work.
- Good communication regarding experiment execution and analysis.
- Staying abreast of the latest scientific developments in oncology cancer models and applying that knowledge to project strategy.
- Prepare and present hypotheses, on-going progress reports, technical reports and future planning (including contributing to budgets and business plans).
- Contribute to the externalization of Black Diamonds science relating to programs and platform through peer reviewed publication and presentation at conferences.
- Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence and integrity with a sense of urgency and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- PhD with 4+( Associate Director) 8+ years (Director) post-doctoral research experience in biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology or a related field.
- 2+ years conducting or managing oncology in vivo studies in support of cancer drug evaluation or development.
- Practical experience performing research with contract labs is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to effectively work with cross-functional project teams in a matrixed environment.
- Highly organized with excellent follow-up abilities and able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and priorities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform he essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; used hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb be stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.
Black Diamond Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages all applications. Diversity and inclusion are important core values and will encourage our creativity and growth as a company. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.