Research Scientist – Bioassay Analytical Development (CONTRACT)
Manager: Scientist III
Department: Bioassay Analytical Development
Location: Brisbane, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate about developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high-value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene-edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and conscientious Research Scientist (CONTRACT) to support the development of cell-based Bioassay methods for Adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy products. Priorities and areas to make a difference include: follow SOPs; perform, troubleshoot, and help optimization of the analytical bioassay methods to support a variety of Sangamo’s therapeutic programs. The ideal candidate will be experienced in adherent cell culture methods, molecular biology and have a fundamental understanding of developing analytical methods that are used for the characterization of biopharmaceutical products.
- Work with the Lead Scientist on the development, optimization, and transfer of bioassays, to support our process development and quality control.
- Work independently on cell culture aspects, including but not limited to cell expansion, harvesting, counting, and freezing to make master cell bank and working cell banks of adherent and suspension cells.
- Creating electronic documentation for each task, including cleaning procedures, aseptic processing techniques, and other assay-related steps in a contemporaneous manner.
- Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific project plans.
- Contribute to routine laboratory organization of samples and reagents and maintenance of lab equipment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- MS or PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant industry or postdoctoral experience.
- Proven laboratory experience with cell culture and molecular biology techniques essential.
- Flow cytometry and ELISA experience is highly desired.
- Experience in SoftMax Pro, Flowjo, GraphPad Prism, and electronic lab notebook preferred.
- Previous experience in a gene therapy-based drug development and regulated environment is a plus.
- An understanding of USP/ICH guidelines for analytical method development, qualification/validation is a strong plus.
- Ability to execute experiments independently, troubleshoot molecular techniques, and evaluate data of moderate complexity.
- Detail-oriented, organized with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to document procedures and results and keep accurate detailed records.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proficient in standard computer skills, familiarity with data analysis and Statistical analysis software is a plus.
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.