Senior Research Associate I - In-Vivo Pharmacology
SRA I In-Vivo Pharmacology
Immediate openings are available for an SRA with experience in the fibrosis/inflammation/cardiovascular area. This individual will join a team focused on discovery and advancement of new drug candidates and disease biomarkers. The primary responsibility of this position will be in vivo pharmacology studies, animal monitoring; tissue processing and analysis. Interest in developing new in-vivo models and learning new technologies to assess animal models and treatments is a plus. Written reporting to Pliant of study outcomes from executed protocols will be required. Ideally, the candidate will also have a strong background in cellular assays and/or molecular assays.
Individual will coordinate, schedule, and execute live animal pharmacology and PK studies and assist with written protocol preparation. Study support will be given to projects including PKPD and efficacy in lung, liver, kidney, muscle fibrosis, and oncology models. All work will be conducted under compliance with local regulations and vivarium policies and guidelines.
The primary responsibility of this position will be the design, characterization, and execution of preclinical/translational in-vivo models related to the field of fibrosis.
- Work in close collaboration with cell biology colleagues and assist with the development of translational models.
- Independently execute assigned tasks following appropriate laboratory/technical procedures.
- Coordinate studies, troubleshoot experiments and suggest improvements to supervisor.
- Evaluate and clearly report experimental results to supervisor and colleagues on a routine basis with special attention to data quality and reproducibility.
- Execute pharmacology studies, test article procurement and preparation
- Uphold federal laboratory animal welfare standards in an AAALAC accredited facility
- Provide monitoring and care, as needed for study animals in assigned areas; Maintain records on animals required by protocol and vivarium guidelines
- Perform technical applications as assigned such as intubations, implantation of devices, oral gavage, minor surgical procedures, animal identification, blood and tissue collection and oral, IV, intratracheal, intranasal, intramuscular intraperitoneal dosing.
- Conduct tissue processing and/or tissue assays in Pliant labs under the general supervision of PI.
- Prepare written reports of executed studies.
- BA/BS or M.S degree in Physiology/Pharmacology
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a laboratory research environment in either industry or academia.
- Broad practical experience and knowledge of common in-vivo procedures, cell biology laboratory procedures (cell culture, cell adhesion assay, ELISA, SDS/PAGE, Western blot, etc.)
- Ability to evaluate and clearly communicate results.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently are required for this position