Pliant Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is designed to be a selective inhibitor of αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. PLN-74809 has received Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC), has completed Phase 1b testing. Pliant’s second product candidate, PLN-1474, is designed to be an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of αvβ1, targeting late-stage liver fibrosis and is partnered with Novartis. The company is seeking passionate, creative, and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Leading the day-to-day accounting operations of the accounting department with a “hands on” coaching/mentoring style. Direct oversight of SEC reporting, technical accounting and SOX program. Key contributor in the selection and implementation of finance business solutions aimed at enhancing the efficiency and quality of our close process and streamlining cross functional engagement.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Own monthly/quarterly/annual financial close, including development of processes and procedures to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy in financial reporting
- Train, manage, coach and mentor staff
- Leads and participates in cross-functional teams to implement finance department/corporate initiatives.
- Ad hoc projects and financial analyses to support key business decisions and projects
- Lead coordination with external auditor and management testers supporting SOX program.
- Review key journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control framework.
- Support the preparation of required quarterly financial statement disclosures
- Maintain and update corporate accounting policies and procedures
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Background:
- Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting
- 7+ years relevant professional experience; 5 years as public accountant (Big 4 preferred) serving listed clients (strong preference in life-sciences)
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP, SEC reporting and SOX
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills, passion for developing the team to meet personal and corporate/department goals
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational & project management skills
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel