Laboratory Animal Technician
Piper Companies is currently hiring a Laboratory Animal Technician for an opportunity in Rockville, MD. The Laboratory Animal Technician is going to support a team that is involved with important Biomedical Research.
Responsibilities of the Laboratory Animal Technician
- Participate in a variety of tasks such as wellness checks, data collection, and any housekeeping needs associated with the animals
- Perform specialized procedures to maintain the operation of the facility and the animal research studies
- Partake in leadership tasks such as training, scheduling, writing reports and reviewing colleague’s work
- Work with various animals such as but not limited to Mice, Rats, Ferrets and Non-Human Primates.
Requirements for the Laboratory Animal Technician
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Animal Science, or related field from an accredited University
- Three or more years or related experience
- Ability to analyze, observe all records to make sure they are kept up to date and accurate
- Knowledge of the Biology and Physical characteristics of animals to recognize any abnormal signs.
Compensation for the Laboratory Animal Technician
- Salary Range: Up to $52,000 Based upon experience
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K
Keywords: SOP, Standard Operating Procedures, communication, data analyzes, mice, rats, ferrets, non-human primates, NHP, rodents, housekeeping, animal facility, animal research, research, reports, animal handling, animal care, biology, caretakers, observations, record keeping, ALAT Certification, Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician, LAT Certification, Laboratory Animal Technician, LATG Certification, Laboratory Animal Technologist, Biomedical research