Temporary Research Associate III
Department: Discovery and Translational Research
Location: Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our team. Let’s build a better future together.
We are seeking a talented Temporary Research Associate III to support the development of novel ZFP-TF technology aiming modulation of neural genes expression. The successful candidate will contribute to the advancement of therapeutics across our pipeline and in supporting the translation of research efforts into the clinic. The position requires adaptability, organization, attention to detail, and a capacity for constant innovation in pursuit of company goals.
- Advance the development of novel ZFP-TF technology for modulating gene expression
- Perform molecular cloning, sequencing, and DNA purification to generate constructs required for AAV production and experimentation
- Conduct aseptic cell culture of transformed and primary mammalian cells.
- Process tissue samples to isolate high quality RNA and DNA
- Perform in vitro experiments in primary and iPSC-derived neurons
- Successfully plan, execute, and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S or M.S. in molecular and/or cellular biology, genetics, biochemistry, bioengineering or related discipline.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a laboratory or biotechnology company
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Extensive experience with molecular biology techniques including vector construction, primer design, quantitative PCR, Gibson assembly, electroporation, and nucleic acid purification.
- Experience with neuronal cell culture, including AAV and nucleic acid transfection is strongly desired.
- Preferred candidates will be proficient in use of the Microsoft Office Suite and statistical analysis and graphing software (e.g. GraphPad Prism, SigmaPlot)
- Strong problem-solving and data analysis skills are desired
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with multidisciplinary teams
- Dedicated, hard-working, and dependable
Sangamo is an equal opportunity employer
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.