U.S. Oncology Marketing Manager - Venclexta
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Our talented, highly creative marketing professionals put AbbVie in the best position to win by driving strategic direction, leading product teams and creating targeted, evidence-based product messaging to deliver value to our customers. Marketing professionals are among our most versatile performers. AbbVie marketing professionals are involved in just about every aspect of our business.
It is an exciting time to join AbbVie’s growing oncology team as we pursue our mission to have a remarkable impact on the lives of people affected by cancer. For more information, please visit https://abbvieoncology.com.
The Marketing Manager (MM) designs, develops, and implements commercial plans and programs needed to maintain market leadership in an increasingly competitive landscape with a key focus on the Health Care Provider. The Marketing Manager will work closely with multiple commercial operation departments to ensure success in product support and sales execution. Internally, the MM will foster positive working relationships with the sales force, medical affairs, market research, sales training, regulatory, and other cross franchise marketing teams. Externally, the MM works with various agencies and consultants, physicians, and co-marketing partners to successfully drive the business. The MM does not have direct reports but must demonstrate the ability to lead without authority and build a collaborative and integrated commercial team and IBT.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop tactics that align to the strategic brand plan primarily for HCP marketing and non-personal promotional activities
- Support HCDM and Strategic Account management tactical development in collaboration with Strategic Marketing
- Support and participate in the development of strategy for upcoming product launches
- Manage external medical conferences and engage with external customers
- Perform budget tracking
- Plan, implement, and evaluate promotional programs and activities to achieve product sales objectives specifically non personal promotional tactical plans field facing resources
- Establish and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders where appropriate
- Direct marketing activities to targeted audiences ensuring that communications are aligned to segment-specific drivers
- Monitor and analyze all sources of company and industry sales and marketing data
- Proactively support the sales force through ongoing communications of product plans, as well as through development and implementation of effective selling materials
- Conduct routine field travel with the sales force, participate in market research and patient immersions to better understand market drivers and dynamics and to “get in the shoes” of our consumers and HCP
- Manage internal/external networks, consultants, and agency partners
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of marketing plans and recommend changes in strategy or tactics as appropriate
- May participate in co-commercialization partnerships
- Participate on cross-functional teams
- Participate in Market Research as appropriate
- Communicate up, down, and laterally in an effective manner
*Job Grade will be determined based on candidate experience level.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of biopharmaceutical or other consumer marketing relevant experiences required (i.e. CPG)
- Efficient project management and communication capabilities along with strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including excellence in power point presentation building.
- Proficiency in core marketing capabilities such as creative development, value proposition, positioning, segmentation, investment optimization, etc.
- Must have attention to detail and ability to flawlessly execute programming
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products
- Digital Marketing Experience
- Pharmaceutical/biotechnology launch experience
- Oncology/hematology Experience
- Sales Experience
- Knowledge of marketing concepts within strategic planning process.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively cross-functionally.
- Strong collaboration and team orientation, with experience accomplishing results through others and influencing others.
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, digital, external and internal partners.
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of market research to draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to operate quickly and decisively in a fast-paced, matrixed, and demanding environment.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.