Senior Manager, Global Supply Planning
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Description - External
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results.
What Your New Manager Wants You To Know
The Sr. Manager, Supply Planning position is based in Madison, NJ and will be responsible for the development and execution of the global supply plan. This position will be responsible for translating the sales forecast into a supply plan for manufacturing execution, providing requirements to internal and third-party manufacturing sites, working closely with sites to ensure on-time delivery of finished goods according to requirements, managing daily inventory requirements through direct coordination with other functional groups, but not limited to, Logistics, Procurement, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Sales, and Marketing. The Manager, Supply Planning will ensure best practices are leveraged in Supply and Inventory Management processes for Global Finished Goods.
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE…
A strategic thinker: Align and excite internal stakeholders to facilitate success through strong leadership, strategic thinking and personal drive.
First class team player: Collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure compliance and ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Develop global supply plan based on sales forecast and manufacturing constraints.
- Translate supply plan into executable purchase orders with internal sites and third-party manufacturers.
- Work with internal and third-party manufacturers on a routine basis to deliver requested finished goods inventory according to scheduled timeline and quantity requirements.
- Ensure the adherence to Global Operations standards for Supply Planning and Third Party Manufacturing.
- Participate in the development of the supply planning strategy and implement relevant elements.
- Optimize inventory/supply holdings to limit excess and obsolete inventory while ensuring satisfaction of customer orders.
- Coordinate inventory shipments amongst operational and quality teams to ensure seamless delivery to distribution centers.
- Balance inventory requirements to minimize the potential for back-orders.
- Support and participation in the Sales and Operations Planning Process (S&OP) through relevant metric reporting and summary of key supply/capacity constraints.
Qualifications - External
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The below skills are attributes that may not be mandatory but are definitely desired in the ideal candidate.
- Exhibits significant cross-functional leadership capabilities – ability to lead, collaborate and influence without authority; uses informal structure, dynamics and culture to get things done. Pharmaceutical cross-functional knowledge (Quality, Regulatory, Commercial, etc.)
- SAP ECC experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related degree
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.