Business Development Manager I, FA- Seattle, WA
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Business Development Manager I (BDM) I) is responsible for representing the Botox Cosmetic, Juvederm, and Kybella brands and promoting the product portfolio and Alle to targeted aesthetic customers. The focus will be on direct selling of products and executing pull through business planning, programs/events in offices to physicians, office staff & patients. This is accomplished by utilizing and managing key resources and contributing with high performance selling teams to maximize coverage to targeted customers. The BDM I provides technical product and procedure expertise, as well as, competitive product differentiation. Assigned sales goals are obtained through creative, consultative selling and implementation of the U.S. Sales/Marketing plan. The BDM I leverages Allergan Medical’s resources to enhance adoption of the Medical Aesthetics Portfolio, and synergistically works and coordinates activities with other Allergan sales personnel and support teams. These teams include, but are not limited to, the Facial field sales team, Body Contouring, Plastics, SkinMedica, APC, Inside Sales, Marketing, and other Allergan salesforces. Complies with required reports, requests, and compliance policies. Effectively manages field assets and resources to include, but not limited to, expense management, computer and other allocated equipment. 10%-40% travel is required.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Achieving sales and utilization quota results in the assigned territory. Responsible for qualifying, segmenting, educating and managing growing accounts that are not supported by aligned Business Development Manager IIs (BDM IIs) or Inside Sales teams (also referred to as “GAP” accounts)
- Agile to take on new customers as customers promote into targeted loyalty tier group and refer/transfer customers to Business Development Managers as customers grow above BDM I’s targeted list
- Identifying growth opportunities to include: expanding reach with customer base, expanding product portfolio utilization with existing accounts, and launching new products and new product indications.
- Increasing customers’ knowledge, business development skills, and awareness of aesthetic products and programs to include: educating the customer regarding the indications, contra-indications, and safety of company products, and how they fulfill the needs of the customer, along with marketing ideas for product pull through and providing marketing resources to increase patient awareness
- Ability to understand the dynamic Aesthetic environment and keep up to date on competitive and synergistic products and modalities
- Educating and supporting the customer with marketing strategies including but not limited to website and social media development, internal office branding, patient segmentation and external marketing strategies.
- Supporting and facilitating the execution of in-person training workshops, and assisting with support for events within the territory and area.
- Pre-planning sales calls and maintaining efficient time management skills to ensure maximum customer contact and highest level of customer service in the field.
- Completing administrative responsibilities including periodic business plans, monthly expense reports, up-to-date territory account profiles and customer database. Manage day-to-day sales administration activities in a detailed and timely manner i.e. Salesforce.com/Engage updates and data entry
- Maintaining updated knowledge of the industry and competitive products.
- Developing and maintaining supportive, productive and effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Participating in industry-related trade shows/meetings
- Maintaining compliance with all applicable quality and regulatory guidelines as an integral part of business operations.
- Maintain consistent communication with Appropriate leadership and sales teams to include: Facial Region Manager, IS Leader, BDM/SAM/ISR counterparts on all matters related to the territory and region, including accurate forecasting.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and represent the Company with high integrity, ethics, honesty, loyalty, and professionalism at all times.
VP – Sales
Area Director – Sales
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: % of Time or Importance
- PRODUCES RESULTS: Consistently achieves sales quota across portfolio. Proficient in sales execution component of marketing plans – presents and pulls through product promotions. Creates call plans across product portfolio. Demonstrates adaptability with multiple initiatives. Builds relationships with customers through regular sales calls, timely transactions, keeping commitments and providing high value customer service.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years successful medical sales/practice management experience and/or 2 years business to business sales experience.
Valid driver’s license
- Preferred, but not required:
- Experience and knowledge of general marketing principles, account management and development concepts within the healthcare environment
- Experience and knowledge of inner workings of a physicians practice
- Aesthetics sales background or related experience with a skin care company highly desirable
Essential Skills and Abilities
Strong business acumen
Proven selling skills
Strong and effective consultative skills
Strong conflict and problem resolution skills
Ability to develop key strategies and execute
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong contract/negotiating skills
Ability to travel
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Proficiency on excel, word, power point and other software skills
Ability to drive a car with a valid driver’s license
Significant Work Activities
Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.