Scientist I/II, Cellular and Molecular Biologist (Immuno-Oncology)
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join AbbVie’s cutting-edge immuno-oncology pre-clinical research team. The successful candidate will have expertise in immunology and oncology, and excel at cellular and molecular biology techniques.
- Culture immune and cancer cells, and perform protein- and cell-based assays to support multiple cancer drug discovery programs simultaneously.
- Work with supervisors to creates new experimental assays and take the leading role in incorporates new technologies to address critical project needs.
- Critically analyze/interpret data, accurately document, and promptly communicate the results.
- Independently design and execute studies within timelines to help achieve milestone decisions; understands project goals and modifies experimental plans to respond.
- Develop and deliver scientific reports in the form of oral presentation and writing.
- Critically evaluate emerging scientific literature and participate in scientific meetings. Stays current with and adopts new technologies and emerging cancer targets.
Position will be hired based on level of education & experience.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in related field with typically 5-7+ (BS) or 2-5+ (MS) years of experience
- Strong knowledge and technical expertise in immunology and oncology research with demonstrated ability to perform and develop in vitro assays.
- Technical skills include immune and cancer cell culturing, immunoblotting, ELISA, Luminex, high content imaging, flow cytometry, reporter assay, etc.
- Experienced in independently designs, executes, analyze and interprets experiments to answer scientific questions.
- Expertise in immune cell-related assays and genetic modifications of primary cell line are highly desirable.
- Proven ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver high-quality results in a timely fashion.
- Skilled in efficient communication and presenting research findings to key stakeholders and broader audience.
- Development of productive collaborations within her/his own team and across scientific disciplines.
- Solid adaptability to promptly learn new science concepts and techniques, and apply knowledges to new targets and research fields.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.