Regional Sales Account Manager- Federal Accounts
A world leading manufacturer and direct seller of innovative laboratory tools for liquid handling and media preparation. Company is fast paced and fully committed to creating novel solutions to meet the needs of customers in Bio-tech & Pharmaceutical Research labs, Diagnostics, and quality control groups in all Life science markets as well as the food & beverage, forensics and medical industries.
110K- first year potential. Uncapped sales commissions paid from the first dollar sold. This territory is currently generating over $1.1M in sales per year now. Excellent benefits are offered with, monthly auto allowance, paid travel expenses, company matching 401K plan and more.
The ideal candidate will have a ‘hunter’ mentality and must be eager to meet new customers. This is a direct sales role to all Federal accounts in the Maryland/Virginia area. Prior experience selling to US Government accounts is preferred. This position reports in to the Regional Sales Manager, South. You will function as a direct sales agent for the company in the defined geographical region. You will be expected to perform various sales related activities including but not limited to:
- Actively meeting with and calling upon existing and new customers to give sales presentations, product demonstrations and product training on a regular basis.
- Maintain and strengthen existing customer relationships while developing new opportunities.
- Independently organize and track all sales opportunities from initiation through closure
- Generate product quotations based on a needs assessment
- Prepare and submit monthly sales forecast
- Attend industry-related trade shows, symposiums and professional association meetings
- Develop and execute short and long term goals and strategies for the territory
- Aid in all new product introductions
- Superior time management and project prioritization abilities are essential. Must be able to make practical decisions with minimal direction to achieve budget goals
- Self-sufficient individual who can seek out new opportunities independently
- Knowledge of liquid handling & Cell Culture products and techniques a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with both a diverse customer base and coworkers
- Experience with CRM-(Salesforce.com) or similar database
- Possess strong customer relationships w/in the defined region
- 2+ years’ experience selling to the life science industry or “hungry” to earn max earning potential.
- Existing relationships within the life science and academic laboratory research field in the region is a plus
- Understanding of laboratory processes, objectives and challenges
- Experience in the life science and basic research fields or liquid handling is a plus
- BA in a scientific discipline also a plus