Description of Duties:
- Manage the general accounting function (AP, AR, GL), including a team of two accountants.
- Drive the monthly, quarterly, and annual close procedures, including preparation and review of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Collaborate with FP&A to ensure that purchase orders and invoices are assigned to the appropriate departments and projects.
- Oversee Fixed Assets reporting, including additions/disposals, depreciation methods, and CIP.
- Responsible for payroll processing, reporting and compliance.
- Maintain compliance with State & Local business tax requirements (e. g. Franchise, Property, Sales & Use).
- Review quarterly tax provision and work with external tax preparers to complete income tax returns.
- Support SOX, internal, and external audits.
- Partner with Corporate Controller on implementing accounting systems and tools.
- Partner with Corporate Controller on implementing and monitoring accounting policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with US GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in biotech/manufacturing environment, including 1+ years of supervisory experience. Cost accounting experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and experience with SEC regulations.
- Accounting ERP system experience, preferably QAD.
- Experience using ADP or similar payroll system and Concur.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to simultaneously research discrepancies and solve problems.
- CPA certification preferred and public accounting experience a plus.