Audit and Compliance Auditor I
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The function of Audit and Compliance Co-Auditor is to assist and support the Internal Audit and Compliance Team in performing evaluations for compliance with US and foreign regulation requirements (minimally may include the Americas, Asia, Africa, Australia, European Middle East regions). The Co-Auditor will also work with the Internal audit team to provide constructive evaluation of quality related systems for suppliers that provide materials, services and products to AbbVie. Suppliers can include API suppliers, contract labs, excipient suppliers, commodity suppliers, devices, specialty pharmacies, logistic providers and third party manufacturers. Their execution in the area of GMP compliance and quality assures that activities are performed and documented in accordance with AbbVie policies/procedures and applicable quality and regulatory requirements intended to assure the quality, effectiveness and safety of our products.
- With guidance from another member of the Internal Audit team, assess compliance of systems, facilities, and procedures per applicable regulations through audits and assessments of our suppliers, assuring compliance to regulatory requirements and AbbVie specifications.
- Provide feedback in the form of audit observations, and review corrective actions to determine if corrective actions and commitments have been properly implemented, proven to be effective and are being maintained by the supplier.
- Support strategic initiatives to improve compliance to regulatory requirements and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in technical or scientific area (Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biology, Microbiology, or Engineering) or equivalent industry experience (at least 4 years) with sufficient exposure to pharmaceutical, medical device, or combination product related industries.
- Must have a technical background and requires understanding of the audit process and knowledge of worldwide requirements related to GMP regulations for quality systems and compliance.
- Must understand a variety of quality/operational systems that support facility, product design, development, production, distribution, installation, support and service and understand the principles of quality management.
- The individual must have excellent oral/written communications skills.
- Personal skills needed include interpersonal skills, tact, open mindedness, maturity, tenacity, self-reliance, organizational/administrative skills and sound judgment. Effective communication skills are essential with an ability to work effectively outside of the company and across functional and technical areas
- One year in Quality Assurance with some project management experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device or related industry. One year in compliance auditing is required. Total combined experience expected to be at least two years.
- Fluent in English. Including reading, writing and verbal communication.
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.