Market Access Marketing Director, Immunology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Responsible for creating and driving the Immunology Pricing and Access strategy for HUMIRA, SKYRIZI and RINVOQ across all payer channels (e.g. Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, VA / DoD, and Kaiser). Lead contracting strategic alignment with Market Access field for the Immunology portfolio for National Payer Accounts. Leverage data, analytics, product clinical profiles with a strong strategic mind-set to set ensure success for all three products. Provide positive leadership and influence cultural alignment with US Market Access’ Ambitious Cultural Vision.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Vision and Strategy: Provide overarching leadership and direction for the Pricing and Access five-year vision, strategies, plans and resource investment for HUMIRA, SKYRIZI and RINVOQ. Encompass a “One AbbVie” mindset and perspective in all strategies.
- Leadership: Set tone and priorities for scale and scope of accountability. Influence and persuade across multiple external and internal constituents (stakeholders and partners). Lead and develop direct, indirect, and cross-business team. Infuse AbbVie Ways of Working and Talent Philosophy in day-to-day leadership and management of the business. Uses coaching effectively and efficiently to create high-performing teams and elevate team’s marketing skills and knowledge. Develop two direct reports.
- Action and Accountability: Lead Market Access portion of the yearly financial planning process, LBE’s and LRP’s, incorporating latest contract negotiations / strategies. Ensure impacts to other channels such as government pricing are incorporated, as needed. Act as SME from a Market Access perspective for 340B, accumulator and maximizer programs and provide input for cross functional recommendations on strategies and tactics to address these programs.
- Strategic Impact: Utilize research and insights to scenario plan, segment stakeholders, innovate, optimize investment and formulate the biosimilar pricing and access strategy. Create long-term strategy and recommendation for AbbVie’s Immunology portfolio within Value Based Contracting.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- Proven marketing and contracting experience required.
- Market access and Immunology experience preferred but not required.
- Cross-functional experiences including field sales, finance, market analytics valued.
- Positive, solutions-oriented attitude required.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities required.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.