Senior Statistical Analyst
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Provide programming support to produce analysis, reports and graphs on all PCYC drugs. Review program codes and suggest alternative solutions that may be efficient. Interact with GRAs, medical writers, clinicians, statisticians, data management and medical affairs personnel, and other members of PCYC R&D.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Independently translate and implement algorithms and protocols in a high performance computing environment and prepare reports of results in a reproducible manner.
- Provide statistical programming support for multiple clinical projects or therapeutic areas & performance management for statistical programmers.
- Contribute to optimize existing pipelines and workflows, as well as help establish new pipelines and workflows; retrieve and organize complex data types and structures as needed.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring regulatory guidance and industry best practices to formulate proposals for new functional standards; the accuracy of SAS programs by reviewing output, reviewing code, reviewing log files and running all checking utilities
- Responsible for determining the scope of the peer review and for ensuring peer review has been completed for all activities for the assigned projects
- Ensure all SAS programs are imported into the archive system prior to the creation of final output. Ensure all programs are formally archived after the completion of the regulated activity.
- Ensure clarity, accuracy and consistency of case report forms (CRFs), database definitions, and specifications for analysis data sets for individual studies.
- Effectively mentor statistical programming and non-statistical programming peers with regard to functional operations.
- Develop database checks for routine and non-routine situations.
- Design and develop various software and systems to effectively generalize programming effort across projects.
- Responsible for formulating proposals for new utilities as well as presenting information on existing utilities and identifying opportunities for productivity improvements and formulating implementation plans.
- Participate in the development of standard data quality assurance tools.
- Responsible for the creation and accuracy of derivation programs for routine and non-routine situations.
- Responsible for the creation and accuracy of submission data sets and analysis programs for routine and non-routine situations.
- Responsible for the creation of data definition documents and TOCs and for ensuring peer review for all submission data sets and programs for the assigned projects.
- Responsible for monitoring regulatory guidance and industry best practices to formulate proposals for new functional standards for submission data sets & programs.
- Contribute in the development of new processes and provide accurate and timely responses to routine requests from clients and guide clients on possible options for deliverables for non-routine requests.
- Ensure internal consistency of output and assess consistency with other activities for the project, as applicable.
- High degree of technical competence and strong communication ability, both oral and written.
- Fluency in 2 or more relevant programming languages, such as R, Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, or C++ preferred.
- Competent in SAS programming and Macro development.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a Linux environment and high performance distributed computing with system administration experience desired.
- Experience handling and managing data/software associated with high-throughput instruments for genetics and/or genomics.
- Experience with cloud computing, version control, and GPU programming skills
- Pharmaceutical experience with clinical trials, including familiarity with expectations of regulatory agencies, especially FDA and EMEA.
- NDA/BLA or other regulatory filing experience, including ISS or ISE experience.
- Thorough understanding of ICH Guidelines and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Project lead experience required.
- Management experience not required.
- Strong communication skills in a collaborative environment.
- Expertise in the use of SAS Macros.
- Understand CDISC standards and applicability to clinical database design/capture and reporting.
- Knowledge in integrating SAS with other leading technologies such as Extensible Markup Language (XML), Microsoft Office, etc. to support electronic submissions.
- Knowledge of Pinnacle 21.
- Understand about reviewer’s guides and Define.xml.
Education and Experience:
- MS in Statistics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, or related field with 8+ years of relevant experience; OR BS in Statistics, Computer Science or a related field with 10+ years of relevant experience.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.