Data Science Program Lead I
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Data Science is the best-in-class team within its cross-industry peer group and is responsible for bringing people, process, and technology together to generate business value from clinical trials data. Our operational model is exemplified through execution and innovation. This role is key to ensuring successful delivery against the program and study-level accountabilities assigned to Data and Statistical Sciences (DSS).
- Align DSS study teams with program and study-level strategies. For assigned studies, leads the DSS Study Team and represents DS as a member of the cross-functional study team
- For assigned studies, acts as single point of contact and accountable operational lead from DSS
- Coordinates associated DSs study teams to meet operational objectives. Engages and connects global-functional and cross-functional teams
- Interacts with and influences cross-functional team members to achieve program and study objectives
- Utilizes operational analytics and project management tools to optimize execution of programs and studies, to manage internal and external resources, to track study progress and to prepare study reports.
- Anticipates and identifies issues that could affect timelines or quality and develops options and solutions
- Ensures adherence to federal regulations and applicable local regulations, Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), ICH Guidelines, AbbVie Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and to functional quality standards
- Stays abreast of new and/or evolving local regulations, guidelines and policies related to clinical development
- Participates in oversight of vendors and provides feedback related to study operations, issues, and trends in performance
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring Data Science Associates. May include indirect supervision of work for contract resources
- Participates in DSS and cross-functional innovation and process improvement initiatives
- Contributes to study execution 'lessons learned' across functions
- Bachelor's degree in business, management information systems, computer science, life sciences or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.
- PMP Certification or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is desired.
- Must have at least 3+ years of pharma, clinical research, data management, healthcare experience and 5+ years of project management experience
- Strong understanding of clinical trial process and clinical technology
- Experience in managing a clinical trial from initiation through to completion is preferred
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without direct authority
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Demonstrated effective analytical skills
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.