Hematology Clinical Account Specialist, Imbruvica - Baltimore, MD
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
General Position Summary/Purpose:
Reporting into the Division Manager, the Hematology Clinical Account Specialist, Ibrutinib will build and implement territory business plans that align with overall brand objectives and business goals. The Hematology Clinical Account Specialist, Ibrutinib must demonstrate clear and thorough hematology disease state understanding, have established strong and professional relationships with hematologists/oncologists (in private, group practice and hospital settings), nursing and office staff, and all others involved in the oncology patient care continuum. This individual fosters collaboration with peers and extended team network, and contributes to the accomplishments of team goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information. He or she drives results aligned with brand expectations and the Company mission for the betterment of patients. Responsibilities include building a comprehensive strategic business plan with specific, measurable objectives and action-oriented strategies in accordance with regional and national goals. This includes responsible resource allocation, a commitment to good operating principles and compliant, high ethical standards.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting/exceeding assigned sales goal.
- Presents approved disease state and product information to customers, utilizing persuasive selling skills -- all within the boundaries of Pharmacyclics’s Promotional Policy.
- Leverages sales analytics and customer intelligence to create high-impact, strategic plans that align with our brand objectives.
- Execute sales and marketing strategies within the territory, leveraging our cross functional partners and all approved resources.
- Continuously build knowledge of an evolving marketplace, territory changes, and disease state knowledge & product expertise.
- Collaborate effectively with a territory partner and a JBI counterpart(s).
- Develop and execute a call plan that achieves set call metrics and optimizes coverage and frequency to key customers to maximize sales opportunities.
- Complies with all laws, regulations, and policies that govern the conduct of Pharmacyclics activities.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 2+ years Hematology/Oncology sales experience.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales expectations.
- Exceptional ability to communicate clearly and effectively; using a consultative selling style that helps customers find solutions to their needs.
- Competitive selling skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within in a highly collaborative, team environment.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- In addition to passing Pharmacyclics’s background check, the employee must submit to and pass additional background screening as required by some institutions and health facility sales accounts (additional screening requests may include but are not limited to background checks, immunization, TB, HIV, hepatitis, and drug screening)
- Business travel, by air or car, is regularly required
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.