Director Digital & Omni-Channel Advanced Analytics
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Job Description: Director, Digital & Cross-Channel Advanced Analytics
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives
The Digital & Cross Channel Advanced Analytics Director will play an important role in the continued success and growth of AbbVie’s Medical Therapeutics Digital Marketing platform, leading the team focused on providing insights into consumer and professional omni-channel media investment allocation/performance/ROI, digital ecosystem data strategy and analytics, High Value Action (HVA) development/measurement, and digital media campaign planning and evaluation.
This role is part of a critical business transformation at the intersection of our “Winning With Data” and “Digital Transformation” initiatives. It requires a digital analytics leader with the demonstrated business acumen to leverage data, analytics and technology to identify key insights across consumer and professional media channels - to position AbbVie as best in class in omni channel customer experiences, and to provide an integrated view aligned with other analytic platforms and stakeholder expectations.
To deliver on these expectations, this role will be required to build an omni channel analytics vision and roadmap for the Medical Therapeutics Commercial Business Unit, exploring new and emerging data platforms, networks, and partnerships, along with innovative technology platforms that provides the most accurate picture of our current performance, as well as address future emerging tactics. This roadmap will enhance the organization's understanding of performance, marketing effectiveness and deliver optimization recommendations to enhance both patient and physician experiences.
- Advance the analytics agenda for the Medical Therapeutics Digital Marketing Platform, including digital media campaign measurement, A/B testing and personalization capabilities, audience management, and media placement/execution.
- Deliver roadmap to develop and operationalize multi-channel measurement and attribution capabilities and advanced analytics to demonstrate the impact of omni-channel experiences across physician and consumer campaigns
- Oversee the movement and automation of cross channel KPI reporting, and define requirements to continue to standardize measurement of experiences across the enterprise for Consumer and Physician campaigns.
- Develop advanced techniques to link High Value Actions (HVAs) on website properties with patient flow behaviors, including physician office visits, medical diagnoses, and treatment therapy.
- Drive the analytics agenda for Physician Omni Channel Experience, including analytics for Next Best Action, evolving the analytics and triggers from business rules based to machine learning and AI based algorithms.
- Proactively seek best in class benchmarking to advance the measurement of omni channel experiences – to exceed industry practices, AbbVie requirements, or more restrictive requirements.
- Continuously explore advanced analytic modeling solutions, including predictive machine learning, to inform trigger-based and next best action analytics as well as audience optimization and personalized experiences
- Manage relationships and content from multiple external agencies including analytics, database, advertising, media, and digital agencies as well as internal partners
- Ensure seamless integration and collaboration across cross functional teams and stakeholders to improve analytical and strategic insight
- Integrate and advise on new and relevant data sources, data mining, business information and analytical approaches to enhance insights and accuracy of key functional area
- Demonstrate an awareness of current market events, healthcare policy changes and trends in AbbVie therapeutic markets and their implications for AbbVie and our long-term strategy
The Digital Marketing & Cross Channel Analytics Director will also be responsible for leading the way forward on digital analytics excellence while achieving several leadership, people management and development initiatives:
- Develop Digital Analytics charter and build the team from the ground up
- Build strong interpersonal relationships across the enterprise (Digital Marketing, Brand Marketing, BTS, Sales, Commercial Excellence), advocating and driving success of the function through mutual partnerships and support
- Support ongoing professional development and capability development of all individuals on the team
- Effectively lead performance management processes
- Adhere to all financial policies, including purchase order and compliance processes
- Effectively communicate business and departmental strategies/initiatives
- Strong written and oral communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
- Experience working with and managing multiple internal partners and external agencies including advertising, media, digital, database agencies.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to influence development and adoption of analytic capabilities.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Understanding of the basic principles of brand marketing, including brand positioning, personality & overall campaign development.
- Strong focus on teamwork, relationship-building and influencing others; acting courageously and constructively, with agility and a high degree of accountability
- Proven ability to distill complex information into concise and impactful messages/presentations.
- Proven ability to influence the development of IT systems required to support analytic data consumption
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
- Exempt Direct Reports: 1 to start, with potential for growth
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Market Research, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Decision Sciences, Operations Research, Engineering, Finance, and/or Applied Mathematics; MBA/Masters strongly preferred.
- 10-15 years demonstrated experience in analytics for multi-channel marketing (Digital, Social, CRM), Adobe Analytics experience
- 10-15 years of experience identifying and outlining key campaign metrics and building campaign proformas/measurement plans/marketing analytics.
- 10-15 years of managing / working with multiple and diverse data sets for analytics
- 10-15 years in advanced analytics / modeling techniques for marketing optimization and multi-touch attribution
- 5+ Years managing direct reports (must have experience managing FTE)
- Insights & research for Digital Experiences; Social Listening, Voice of the Customer Research
- Veeva/CLM data/analytics experience
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical data sources and related analytics (IMS, Symphony Health, IHS, MMIT/ Fingertip Formulary/Business One Technologies, HIRC, etc….)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.