Manager, Software Delivery Service
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Software Delivery Service (SDS) is providing an Software LifeCycle delivery consulting service; offering guidance on the software lifecycle process, documents and activities. The goal of the service is to provide predictable project outcomes, on time and on budget, and meet AbbVie standards for AbbVie teams world-wide.
The Software Delivery Service Manager is responsible for setting direction for and leading the service. This role needs to be capable of expanding the service both in terms of bringing in new customers and adding new services (like testing, for example).
Individual needs to have a background in quality, along with good communication and negotiation, and leadership skills (ability to manage individuals and projects, as well as influencing skills across organizations). Project management skills are a plus.
- Perform Management responsibilities - work with direct reports within the Software Delivery Service organization to ensure project deliverables and associated requirements are fulfilled. Manage both contractors/employees.
- Work with Managed Service provider for documentation services. Create and manage Statement of Work (SOW), oversee resources, ensure adherence to SOW
- Provide costing model, and track SDS project costs
- Oversee program to ensure repeat and new business is obtained for the service
- Ensure projects are delivered on time as part of the service per customer’s expectations.
- Ensure project documentation associated with the service supports applicable federal and regulatory requirements
- Perform customer survey’s and process improvements based off those surveys
- Ensure any issues are resolved that may arise as part of the SDS service
- Provides leadership for project activities as part of the SDS service.
- Create and apply risk-based approach strategies effectively and efficiently without compromising compliance
- Provide guidance and assistance with the Software LifeCycle process
- Serves as expert resource with regards to the SDS Systems and compliance issue
- Participate and take lead on process improvement projects
- Provide guidance and supervision to contracting staff
- Bachelors degree with 8 years of total experience
- Good experience in Computer Software Validation
- Strong GxP/non-GxP documentation background
- Strong background in managing teams
- Strong background in SDLC and Software Life Cycle management
- Strong background in process improvement (i.e., Six Sigma, Lean Methodology)
- Experience with Vendor Service
- Ability to speak/read in language with the regions preferred
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.