Facilities Engineer IV
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Facilities Engineer IV
Provide engineering support for the facilities group to enhance the performance and reliability of facilities supported equipment, systems, and documentation.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Technical support for maintenance of facilities related building and building system drawings and specifications (controlled and uncontrolled) for the Branchburg and Bridgewater sites, including building general site plans and layouts, electrical systems, plumbing systems, and HVAC systems. Can read the drawings and has experience with layouts.
- Leadership support for new facilities equipment installations/repairs, or facilities construction modifications projects. Includes BOD, capital acquisition (if required), timeline management, contractor management, commissioning, and validation execution. Coordinate and lead shut down related activities with all stakeholders.
- Support facilities related energy savings initiatives and projects to reduce operating costs and reduce environmental impact for the Branchburg and Bridgewater sites. This includes but is not limited to: high efficiency lighting, HVAC efficiency improvements, electric to gas heat conversions and wastewater management.
- Technical support for facilities related compliance issues pertaining to change control (facilities related documents), facilities related NCR investigation and responses, and facilities related CAPA investigation and responses.
- Support facilities related safety initiatives and projects to guarantee safety and well fair of all employees within the Branchburg and Bridgewater sites. This includes but is not limited to: Electrical Arc Flash Safety Program, Fall Protection program, GO program.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor’s degree in ME, IE, EE or CE required, or equivalent engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years in project management experience related to facilities equipment installation and repairs, building management systems, and new/retrofit building construction. Experience should include capital acquisition, project charters, project planning, budgeting, timeline and task management, commissioning, validation, and documentation.
- Understanding of building systems including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, compressed air, vacuum, security, fire protection, equipment monitoring, and wastewater.
- Understanding with minimum 3-5 years of involvement in positive pressure Clean Room design down to ISO 5 Classification.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in writing and executing pharmaceutical or medical device related change control of documents, drawings, and processes.
- Past participation in Regulatory Compliance Audits as an SME in pharmaceutical or medical device related facilities or related.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in AutoCAD for maintaining and modifying facilities and equipment related drawings.
- Proven problem-solving skills related to maintenance and repair of facilities related equipment and systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge for reading and interpreting facilities related design/construction drawings including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, fire protection, lighting, wastewater and drain, compressed air systems, IT and security wiring. Handles the interpretation of all drawings at facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and present project or technical related knowledge as a sole presenter or with a team for management review or associate updates.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in IQ, OQ and PQ Validation protocol writing and execution for pharmaceutical or medical device facilities or manufacturing equipment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in investigation and action plan execution of NCR and CAPA records related to pharmaceutical or medical device products, equipment, or facilities.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.