Director, Global Market Access, Pricing and Reimbursement - Toxin Lead
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The pricing, reimbursement and access landscape is rapidly evolving, and the role of the payer is growing significantly around the world. Advances in scientific and technological research are opening new, promising treatments for previously difficult to treat diseases, increasing the demand on already constrained healthcare budgets. To succeed in this environment, the Global Market Access & Pricing (GMAP) Organization at AbbVie is focused on developing market access capabilities with the overall objective to drive remarkable impact by achieving timely access for patients with optimal price, time to reimbursement and level of access.
This role reports into the Executive Director, Global Market Access and Pricing for CNS & Toxins. The Director will lead the development of asset level Integrated Access Strategies (IAS), a global market access strategy including pricing, reimbursement and access, and oversee the development and implementation of tactical plans. The Toxin asset portfolio includes BOTOX inline promoted indications (e.g. spasticity & movement disorders, chronic migraine) and pipeline toxins/indications/new formulations to target unmet patient needs and optimise patient access.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Leads the cross-functional creation of the asset Integrated Access Strategy (IAS) in early brand planning with Global Commercial Development (GCD) in alignment with all elements of AbbVie’s Asset & Brand Strategy
- Chairs the cross-functional Value and Access team (VAT) for toxin pipeline asset(s) and supports the BOTOX VAT and Neurotoxin Franchise Strategy workstreams
- Represents GMAP as a Core team member of Asset Strategy, Brand Strategy, and Labelling & Regulatory Strategy Teams within the AbbVie Pipeline Commercialization model
- Establishes early payer advice strategy for each asset to inform the market Access Evidence requirements for the registrational trial(s) to achieve price, reimbursement, and patient access objectives
- Identifies HTA evidence requirements through cross-functional work with VAT to determine optimal HTA submission strategy
- Develops deep understanding of payer insights and evidence generation needs to uncover access/payer value drivers and create the Market Access Value Proposition and Value Story
- Supports future pipeline proof of concept studies by advising on the optimal PRA requirements considering market access value drivers and key competitive landscape
- Oversees the monitoring and tracking of the competitive environment and evolving market access trends to refine product launch strategies and tactics
- Ensures that BOTOX Market Access strategies include health economics and outcomes components by collaborating with HEOR and Medical Affairs to generate data consistent with affiliate needs
- Supports Areas and country affiliates with the development of IAS locally, and execution of their market access, reimbursement and pricing tactics
- Supports Global Marketing Commercial Operations (GMCO) in strategic brand planning for pre-launch & inline assets
- Provides market access and pricing input into annual forecasting updates for AbbVie LRP (Long Range Plan)
- Manages the annual GMAP brand, functional and budget plans for each asset
Professional experience and competencies:
This is a highly visible, important, and influential role that drives the cross-functional creation of market access strategy for early phase Toxin assets and inline promoted indications in AbbVie’s specialty portfolio. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the global market access and pricing function and have significant understanding of global health systems and HTA bodies. The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate examples of leading market access strategy development at the global or affiliate level.
- The candidate must have at least 15-20 years of progressive experience preferably in a variety of areas including market access, managed care marketing, payer support, marketing, pricing and reimbursement, and payer policy
- Background in managed care, payer marketing, market access policy, or a related field is preferred
- Experience and understanding of neuroscience & general medicine therapeutic areas is preferred
- The candidate must be able to translate clinical and health economic data into meaningful marketing messages
- The candidate must possess strong leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and analytical skills to work with a variety of groups in ensuring that the strategic direction for market access and pricing is in balance with the market as well as corporate goals
- This candidate must be comfortable in international markets, and thrive in multinational and multicultural environments
- People: Leadership, influence without authority, relationship building and maintenance, and people development
- Technical Skills: Advanced experience and global market access competencies (i.e. Health Policy, Evidence Generation, Value in Access, and Pricing & Reimbursement)
- Business Skills: Strategic planning & project management. Strong skills in Execution and Gathering Insights with the ability to understand Strategic implications. Curiosity to seek innovative solutions
- Self-management: Demonstrated emotional intelligence & resilience
BA/BS Required. MBA, MS, Pharm D, or other advanced degree preferred.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.