Site BTS Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Site IT Manager, drives business-IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. They provide end-to-end technical solution leadership and business process alignment through the delivery and maintenance of Manufacturing, Operational, Information, and Automation systems.
The role liaises with multiple stakeholders, such as global/enterprise applications, infrastructure services, information security, automation and engineering, to ensure successful delivery of the site’s infrastructure and information systems. Furthermore, in partnership with these organizations and the site and network business leadership, the Site IT Manager creates and stewards a digital roadmap, advocates for and enables a unified approach to shopfloor management, and proposed and executes projects that deliver innovation and further digital transformation.
This role also advocates on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs, while improving operations and executing projects in a fast paced, multi-disciplined, cross-functional team environment.
• Propose, implement and sustain the Site's information and automation systems strategy and roadmap in alignment with site objectives and global IT strategies.
• Ensures delivery of robust sustainable systems solutions that meet business and harmonized enterprise needs
• Management of relationship between the business site leadership and global IT organization ensuring internal customer expectations are met in alignment of enterprise and site strategic roadmaps.
• Establish and manage a high performing staff by recruiting, training, coaching and developing employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance in support of Abbvie’s Talent philosophy
• Deliver proposals on the development of the information and automation systems to facilitate the optimization of the expertise of the plant.
• Accountable for IT and automation long term strategic delivery to site leadership team with a 3-5 year vision of execution
• Provide expert guidance on new technologies and emerging IT; automation trends for process and business reengineering
• Liaise with Global Enterprise, Infrastructure and Quality system teams ensuring high standards of service delivery and engage to influence continuous improvement opportunities for site operations
• Ensure security, compliance and data integrity regulatory standards are maintained across all site technology systems
• Support and provide domain expertise to site on GxP, data integrity, data Security as well as internal and external audits
• Understand current system design and partner with key stakeholders (Global Manufacturing and Engineering Services, Enterprise Application Services, Quality Systems, Global Automation, Infrastructure Services, and Operations) and site leadership to deliver ‘future proof’ ideas and solutions to ensure ongoing effective delivery of operations
• Facilitate internal resources and outside vendors in developing technical solutions for automated equipment. Interface with equipment vendors to ensure successful machine delivery, integration and manufacturing validation
• Support product, platform and cost improvement programs by delivering qualified vision systems and acquisition software, machine controls and PLC/SCADA software. Interface with SQA, QA and Operations groups to successfully validate software systems
• Bachelor's degree
• 10 years relevant industry experience Exposure to FDA, HPRA, GMP, 21CFR11, safety and environmental legislation (Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred)
• 5+ years proven track record in delivering IT & automation solutions in similar environment
• 3+ years + project management experience – proven record of cross functional project delivery
• 3+ years leadership experience – direct reporting with demonstrated ability to motivate and develop team
• Systems background: ERP, MES, Data Historian (OSI PI), Chromatography (Empower) and laboratory management systems SCADA/DCS an advantage
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance, SLC, Compliance and Data Integrity
• Ability to manage and support manufacturing layer Infrastructure in conjunction with global teams
• Have the ability to make clear and courageous decisions
• Be able to influence key stakeholders at site and global level in the company
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.