Sr Project Manager, Performance Innovation
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work!
Senior Project Manager, Performance Innovation
The Senior Project Manager independently leads and manages projects that result in increased efficiency and overall enhanced operational performance. Projects will be varied in nature from core business process improvements to multi-functional programs with diverse stakeholders.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include and are not limited to the following:
- Performs senior project management duties for and on behalf of the Senior Director of Innovation for Allergan Aesthetics
- Partners with senior leadership to manage project pipeline, helping to evaluate and prioritize potential opportunities
- Responsible for providing project oversight: developing, managing and evolving project plans, including goals, milestones, deliverables and KPIs
- Coordinates diverse stakeholders, partnering with brand and functional teams to coordinate and execute projects
- Tracks project progress against defined deliverables and measures performance against key metrics
- Owns follow-up actions for unresolved questions with appropriate sense of urgency. Completes follow-up informational calls, follow ups for next steps, emails and/or case updates to customers and sales representatives (when necessary) within service level requirements.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to other departments.
- Stays close to senior leadership and provides proactive updates regarding project impact to the business
- Demonstrates a passion for delivering impact and inspires by example
- Stays current on all product knowledge and communicates directly with prospective customers to build knowledge, loyalty, and confidence in Allergan.
- Maintains confidential information including, but not limited to, proprietary corporate information, specifications of products, product information, customer information and personal performance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PMP Certification required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in project management and with highly sensitive projects and materials
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and Project Management tools
- SAP or other ERP experience required
- Minimum 5 years’ continuous Improvement or integration experience required
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, evolving environment
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent technology skills
- Inquisitive mindset
- Proven Learning Agility
- Possesses resiliency when faced with challenges
- Ability to challenge status quo and propose solutions or alternatives
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and changing processes
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to take initiative and make quality decisions
- Ability to effectively handle and lead multiple tasks/projects independently
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PMP Certification Required
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.