Scientist I, Translational Research
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Experienced Cellular/Molecular Biologist – Translational Oncology
The Precision Medicine Translational Oncology group is committed to drive translational and biomarker efforts for our pre-clinical and clinical stage programs. We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated cellular/molecular biologist to join the Translational Oncology team at AbbVie Redwood City and drive translational research and biomarker efforts for our Immune-Oncology pipeline.
- Investigate, identify, develop and optimize assays and cellular models for interrogation of Immune-Oncology biology, and perform standard biochemical, cellular and molecular techniques.
- Generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner. Analyze, organize and manage data independently. Generate reports and present to the team.
- Interpret results and draw conclusions from own multistage experiments and suggest, design and pursue relevant experiments that farther project goals.
- Read relevant literature and adapt scientific efforts to advance research in the area.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary research team in an exciting, fast-paced environment under the mentorship of a supervisor.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences field with a minimum of 2+ years (MS) or 5+ years (BS) of cellular and molecular biology experience.
- Broad and versatile technical expertise in immunological, cell/molecular biology, and biochemical assays (flow cytometry, ELISA, western blotting, cell culture techniques, immune cell function assays, etc).
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills as well as excellence and productivity in independent research.
- Must be proactive and able to work effectively on multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Background in cancer research, immune-oncology or immunology is desired
- Proficiency in flow cytometry and immunological experimental approaches
- 10+ years of experience in academic or industry setting
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.