IR Program Manager
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The IR Program Manager role will provide value to AbbVie’s Business Technology – Information Research Team as a traditional Project Leader as well as a key contributor to the Project Management Office.
The IR Program Manager will develop, execute and manage large, more complex projects and interrelated project activities. This role will interface with project sponsors/key stakeholders, team members, and management to oversee all phases of project delivery and lead programs and projects to successful completion. The IR Program Manager will also assist with driving PMO Governance, validation of stage-gate activities, and onboarding and coaching of new contract project managers. The IR Program Manager role will be a direct report of the IR PMO Leader (Associate Director) and may supervise one or more Senior Project Managers.
- Initiate and Plan Project: Works with business and IT management to establish and gain consensus on project goals, objectives, financials, and deliverables. Responsible for building the plan and resource needs to accomplish the scope.
- Project Control: Assess the degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect the project working with business and IT management and sponsor to gain agreement for resolution. Measure performance to assure the project is progressing as compared to original plan and budget.
- Executing and Closing Project: Develops and executes a work plan obtaining authorized resources to ensure all activities are performed. Leads team in delivering project scope. Gather lessons learned and obtain final project approval from sponsor and stakeholders.
- Project Communication: Communicate project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate program status and decision support information to project teams, business, and IT management. Makes recommendations based on current project status to resolve issues and manage risks.
- Resource and Team Management: Coordinate resources to ensure project needs are addressed and effectively assign tasks and deliverables to team members based upon their abilities. Motivates project team in order to deliver project outcomes.
- Quality Management: Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and functional policies and procedures.
- Decisions: Make decisions that impact project level activities. Influences or has final decision authority for project budget.
- Financial Control: Develops and manages a large financial plan with multi-million dollar spend over two years. Tracks actual spend, accruals, proactively creates spend estimates on a regular basis (at least monthly) and coordinates estimates and invoices with project vendors, in order to maintain spend at +/- 10% of the overall project budget.
- Senior Project Manager Supervision: Provide supervision, guidance and mentoring (where appropriate) for one to two domain-aligned Senior Project Managers for the purpose of increasing competencies and overall efficiency.
- PMO Administration: Help to drive and refine life cycle governance processes; maintain domain-specific knowledge artifacts, and produce portfolio metric reporting. Liaise with Information Research Portfolio Managers to understand and facilitate project staffing needs including contract PM onboarding, training, and performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Information Systems/Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 10 years of proven experience with driving traditional IT projects using a waterfall project management methodology (PMI PMBOK based), using the System Development Lifecycle (i.e. SDLC) for delivering IT solutions from inception to completion/release
- PMI-PMP Certification
- Experienced in Vendor Management, particularly with Offshore or Nearshore Service Providers
- Proven Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills
- Strong interpersonal / relationship management skills
- Experience working within Pharma, delivering IT Solutions within a regulated environment
- Ability to work full time on-site (Lake County, Illinois)
- Agile Scrum Master Certification
- At least 3 years of experience with leading Agile Scrum efforts within a Waterfall environment, including leading all traditional scrum ceremonies, story point estimation, sprint & release planning
- Broadcom Clarity PPM Tool experience
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.