Pharmaceutical Technology Specialist III
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Pharmaceutical Technology Specialist III serves as an investigator and technical writer with responsibilities in operations, production, process, and equipment at the Waco facility.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Investigation of significant events within the production process relating to process, equipment, and product quality.
- Technical writing of investigations reports and risk assessments.
- Work with the Operation / Engineering stakeholders and Quality Assurance to determine effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Assist with the implementation of certain corrective and preventive actions.
- Outline and implement process improvements to increase quality, efficiency, and compliance.
- Tracking and providing appropriate updates on status.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering/Operations Management, the sciences or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience with a minimum of one (1) year working in relevant areas such as Operations, Engineering, or Quality Assurance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Familiarity with Trackwise system a plus.
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
- Experience working in an Aseptic Production environment preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability in technical writing and problem solving.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Broad understanding of manufacturing environments.
- Ability to obtain gowning access to the controlled area.
- Ability to perform risk analysis and assess data to help drive required technical service needs, compliance, and process improvement initiatives.
- Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for women
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.