Senior Oncology Marketing Manager - Ibrutinib
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Oncology Marketing Manager will support the development and execution of a wide range of strategic, promotional and disease tactics/activities for IMBRUVICA. This position will require the development and execution of novel programs that help patients and practitioners achieve their treatment goals. The Oncology Marketing Manager will need to demonstrate successful execution of both field-promoted and non-personal promotional programs and tactics. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced marketer seeking to join a high performing team committed to making a difference for the betterment of patients.
- Lead tactical execution of various marketing initiatives in-line with the approved brand plan
- Develop promotional and disease state campaigns, programs and sales tools with a focus on digital channels and media.
- Champion non personal promotion activities geared towards healthcare practitioners
- Collaborate cross-functionally and develop strong business relationships across the organization to effectively and compliantly lead the execution of key programs and tactics
- Help guide and shape brand strategic decisions through research and experience
- Develop and review key marketing materials and lead projects through the legal, regulatory, and medical review process
- Coordinate promotional activities at key congresses and tradeshows
- Executive updates: support preparation for business reviews and new findings on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with an advanced marketing education; MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in developing, executing, and measuring marketing tactics for specialty products or significant experience promoting Oncology or Hematology/Oncology products
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility within sales and marketing; sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Experience working closely with field sales organizations to implement marketing programs with measurable business impact
- Outstanding project management including experience managing multiple vendors and agency partners
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues. Experience with a subpart H US product launch is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.