Director, Global Market Access and Pricing – Japan, Emerging Markets & Australia
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Director, Global Market Access and Pricing, Japan, Emerging Markets & Australia (JEM&A) will serve as a strategic partner to the JEM&A organization for market access. This person will provide meaningful, strategic guidance and support to priority affiliates across JEM&A regions (LATAM, EEMEA, JAPAC) to ensure the development and execution of high impact strategies that optimize and accelerate pricing, reimbursement, and access. This position is responsible to connect global partners and resources with prioritized business opportunities for market access in the JEM&A Areas and Affiliates.
The person will need to work independently to lead the development and optimization Integrated Access Strategies and pricing for AbbVie’s Eyecare, CNS and Toxin product portfolios across prioritized markets within JEM&A. They will need to work with Area and Affiliate team to build business cases for the prioritized opportunities. They will work closely with their commercial JEM&A counterparts to stay aligned with overall 1-7-5 plans.
They also will help build Market Access capabilities within the teams that they work with.
- Provides critical support and strategic guidance to priority affiliates to ensure the identification of key access opportunities and challenges that enable growth within the Eyecare, CNS and Toxin product portfolios. This includes launch opportunities in the eye care, migraine, and neuroscience therapeutic areas.
- Working closely with critical internal functions (Global/Area/Affiliate Commercial, HEOR, External Affairs, Legal, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs), to co-create, advise, align, and refine Integrated Access Strategies to optimize pricing, reimbursement, and access. Ensures affiliates are fully equipped with global resources, insights, evidence, and communication tools to support their engagement.
- Maintains deep knowledge of business and access priorities for critical markets and therapeutic area. Provide strategic counsel to the JEM&A organization on the market access landscape and trends that may impact these priorities. Anticipates challenges and risks, and advises cross-functional counterparts on potential impact, offers recommendations and solutions to mitigate risks.
- Collaborates with Global to pull through to affiliates value communications that drive a greater understanding and appreciation of AbbVie’s medicines and therapeutic area leadership with prioritized customers.
- Builds capabilities of affiliates to effectively develop and Integrated Access Strategies to address key priorities and challenges; shares best practices and learnings across markets to inspire innovative solutions; and encourages effective ways of working to ensure high impact. Supports areas and affiliates in the development of key talent and appropriate structure to achieve Access Leadership across functions.
- The candidate must have at least 10 years of progressive experience in Pricing and Market Access, ideally at a global, area or large affiliate level
- BA/BS in pharmacy, economics, life sciences or comparable equivalent experience
- Proven track record of being able to successfully interact with all levels of area, affiliate, and internal authority across divisions (Global/Area/Affiliate Commercial, HEOR, External Affairs, Legal, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Development and Global Commercial Development).
- The candidate must possess strong leadership, intrapersonal, critical thinking, and analytical skills to work with a variety of groups in ensuring that the strategic direction for market access and pricing is in balance with the market as well as corporate goals.
- The candidate must be willing to work across a range of products, in pipeline, near market and on market in a variety of therapeutic areas, as needs dictate.
- The candidate must be sensitive to cultural and market differences as they will interact and travel to multiple countries in their role.
- This candidate must have strong presentation and writing skills.
- MBA, MS, Pharm D, or other advanced degree preferred.
- Strong interest in clinical and health economic data is desirable.
- Understanding of regulatory agency requirements / policies that govern market approval, and the impact on reimbursement decisions.
- Knowledge of pricing regulations, pricing governance in key global markets, standard operating procedures, and the business of healthcare in key markets
- Experience across multiple therapeutic areas is highly desirable.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.