Global Architect - Record to Report
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data and software solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Generate new proposals and lead those efforts. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Act as a lead in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions. Technology Architects will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Solution, System, User Experience (UX) or Data
- Leads, participates, or coordinates end-to-end execution of Record to Report (RTR) solutions, related projects and technology implementations. Introduces best practice and process improvement ideas.
- Provides process expertise and solutions in SAP FICO and integration with other SAP Modules and non-SAP tools like Vertex, HFM etc.
- Experience and thorough SAP Functional knowledge in FICO, Legal entity structures and Consolidations, Product Costing, Intercompany Margin Accounting and Material Ledger.
- Understands business processes, accounting principles, systems configuration, enhancements and data or enables related processes.
- S/4 HANA experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, SOX compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with all levels across the company and with external partners.
- Manages employees/contractors, direct/indirect at varying levels of the Project Management job family.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience; Master's Degree with 7 years experience; PhD with 3 years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred and degree in Finance is preferred.
- Requires in‐depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- Strong understanding of developing complex interfaces.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in high stress and high-pressure situations.
- Effective communication and influencing Senior Leaders in business and IT.
- Use critical thinking skills for problem solving.
- Coaching and mentoring business and IT resources to ensure effective and sustainable application designs.
- Ability to travel globally.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.